• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another ignorant celebrity

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hootie I agree 100% with your post. Bush is proving the point that the UN is worthless, just diplomacy for diplomacy's sake. Let's see if they continue on like they were, without an ounce of credibility or power (which was shouldered by the US). Can anyone tell me where all the protesters and President bashers were when Clinton was lobbing missiles to sidetrack the Liberal press during the Lewinsky scandal? Why is the current administration getting so much flak for standing up for what's right when the former president could get away with 8 years of breaking the law and lying directly to the citizens of the United States. I'll bet 350 and Viva wish Clinton were still in the Oral Office. What a bunch of backward thinking people. But that is their right, to be stupid and to have a forum to talk about it. Wars gave them that right.

What is the world coming to?

I'm so glad that there are people in the world like Micky and Snakum. It bothers me that people in this country are organizing boycotts against people that don't agree with Bush. What's next? Public book burnings because they contain writings against the war? Maybe we should just put the anti war people in Concentration Camps. That will teach em. Last time I read, this was a free country, not a dictatorship. People are entitled to their opinion. I spent seven years in uniform defending that freedom. A little food for thought for you chickenhawk types.

Bottom line...

I believe art has its place in our world and has a very positive impact, but people have no business even considering an ounce of opinion coming from these self appointed celebrity spokes people.

Give them what they deserve, ridicule and laughter, when they overstep their realm of limited expertise in life.

Very well put.

Also, I have been hearing a lot of people defending their " . . . Right to Free Speech".

Sure, they have the right to say what they want, but that doesn't mean that there aren't consequences for their actions, in this case, to face the outrage of their former fans.

Last edited:
Today I was driving down main street and 3 or 4 anti-war protestors had traffic stopped, some people stop traffic, some stop playing music. Don't be a hypocrite.

that's all I have to say about that

---------------------------------------------------------------
What is the world coming to?
I'm so glad that there are people in the world like Micky and Snakum. It bothers me that people in this country are organizing boycotts against people that don't agree with Bush. What's next? Public book burnings because they contain writings against the war? Maybe we should just put the anti war people in Concentration Camps. That will teach em. Last time I read, this was a free country, not a dictatorship. People are entitled to their opinion. I spent seven years in uniform defending that freedom. A little food for thought for you chickenhawk types.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Your utter lack of logic and giant leap of logic is evident.

In your view, boycotts are equivalent to imprisonment in a concentration camp.

This is a free country, and we have every right to tell someone they are an idiot. Even if we tell them as an organized group.
You have every right to tell us we have no right to rebut their idiocy.

Anyone who actually believes that type of equivalence is a shining example of our public 'education' (read: indoctrination) system.

Of course the Dixie Chicks have a right to voice political opinion. I also have my right to boycott buying their stuff, or any thing made by George Clooney, Sean Penn, or any other 'celebrity'. What a country, huh?

Swass,

I'll bet 350 and Viva wish Clinton were still in the Oral Office. What a bunch of backward thinking people. But that is their right, to be stupid and to have a forum to talk about it. Wars gave them that right.

My what a broad brush with which you speak! You speak as if free speech is a result of all wars. And implicitly, ONLY war? So tell us your Greatness, how is a preemptive attack on Iraq going to further propagate free speech in this post 9-11 Bush/Ashcroft regime? Or perhaps you're just parroting somthing you've been spoonfed? My guess is the latter

It is also your right to simply paint all who disagree with you as backward thinking and stupid instead of speaking with any real substance.

Pleasant day to ya.

VivaZapata

Are you going to be leaving the USA for operation human shield?

Or are you going to be like the French run your mouth and do nothing.

Yawn.

All this concentration camp malarky aside, I just like to think back to that map of the US which displays the counties that voted for Bush in red and the counties that voted for Gore in blue. As you recall, most of the U.S. was red, while the populous regions of the northeast and left coast were blue.

Pop quiz for the fat dixie chick: Where do you think most of your fans are on that map?

Ha ha ha. I love it...

Latest resources

Back