Another ignorant celebrity

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
D'OH

i wonder what this is going to do to their overall career. that's bad stuff. i didn't know her name. i've just always called her the chubby one. :D

I am proud to be an American. My father has a Purple Heart. Neither of us are proud of President Bush. We didn't vote for him nor did the majority of Americans. Does this make me a bad person? Not being proud of someone, is not showing disrespect. How many people were proud of President Clinton's actions with Monica? I am proud of our our armed service people. They ARE the best in the world. Whenever I meet a Veteran I thank them personally. I thought that freedom of speech was encouraged in this country. It seems that people agree to that only if you don't say something they don't want to hear. It's amazing how many people on this board like Bush even though he doesn't support aviation labor. Sorry about the rambling, but I am sick of people attacking other people for saying what they think. When I buy a CD, I buy it because I like the music, not because I agree with the artist political or social behaviors. Remember, thinking is encouraged.

I buy it because I like the music, not because I agree with the artist political or social behaviors. Remember, thinking is encouraged.

I think that is some of the problems we have in this country.

Maybe you should be concerned.

so if....say....the artist used album profits to buy crack for little children, you could justify buying the album? just because "I buy it because I like the music."

no relevance to the story. i just think there are holes.

"I think that is some of the problems we have in this country.
Maybe you should be concerned."

I am concerned.

I'm concerned that our President is destroying the only world body that can reign in people like Saddam in the future, by simply refusing to play. His thinking is "I don't agree with the UN and since we're the Big Cheese superpower I don't have to abide by their decisions." How many treaties has he broken already? Two or three at least. ABM, SALT II, that global pollution thingee ...

I respect the office of President, but it's current resident is making decisions that will adversely affect Americans for year to come.

Bad sh!t coming down the pike my friends ... baaaad sh!t.

Minh
(Five-years US Army Infantry)

Minh bud. You make valid points but the U.N. is proving that they have no backbone. Scheduling meetings to schedule meetings just doesn't cut it.

How can you solve an issue if you don't have a deadline that is enforceable?

It really is too bad, but give Bush credit. He's stood his ground through the U.S.'s worst tragedy and has worked with the U.N. for a long time. Remember Resolution 1441. The world agreed on that and it is now past the deadline.

There has to be a line drawn somewhere.

--------------------------------------------------------
I'm concerned that our President is destroying the only world body that can reign in people like Saddam in the future, by simply refusing to play. His thinking is "I don't agree with the UN and since we're the Big Cheese superpower I don't have to abide by their decisions."
--------------------------------------------------------

Snakum - Name one tyrant that has been deposed by the UN.

Go see if 350Driver has a seat left on his one way flight to France.

Thank GOD (yes, GOD) that you folks are in a diminishing and LOSING (not 'loosing') minority.

Righteous action has seldom been achieved by a committee - usaually by oneperson with morals and the truth on their side.

BTW: You will flame me for my reference to God. That's exactly why I put it in there. Bell the cat, you know.

Last edited:
Warped analogy but celebs (including pro sports) are kind of like desserts.....
They offer minimal nutritional value and they take your money but they make you feel good at least for a little while.
The media has elevated these people to all knowing and all wise status and the celebs themselves believe it. Granted they are Americans and they have the same right to speak out but as a group they come across as "I'm smarter and more virtuous than you" attitude (much like politicians). Wonder if their life style would be as good over in the Middle East?

Latest resources

Back