• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another ignorant celebrity

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The UN is diplomacy for diplomacy's sake, it is an utter joke. If they can not back up their resolutions (read the U.S. backs them up) then what real power do they have to "reign in" the bad guys. They will talk and talk and freaking talk until they can talk no more, we need action not more talk. Saddam has proven what kind of dictator he is, it is sad that some people would rather bash Bush then condemn Saddam. He needs to go, end of story. Why weren't people so up in arms when Clinton lobbed a ton of cruise missiles over there? Nobody bitched then, was he justified? I think not. Get some real information, stop listening to CNN and and NPR, thay are so biased it is actually funny.

Back to the Dixie Chicks..... The are selling a product - themselves - and thus have to know their audience. Their political stance may go great in techno or rock - and may even win them another Grammy - but to blast President Bush is near suicide in country music. As for me, I stick to listening to Toby Keith....

Free speech is alive & well, problem with celebrities is when they take advantage of their status to give their opinions..

Midnight Mike said:
Free speech is alive & well, problem with celebrities is when they take advantage of their status to give their opinions..

Exactly. Problem is some are so pompus and full of themselves they actually believe their own rehtoric.

What is even funnier is though about Ms. Maines (sp) is that she isnow backing off from her comments as the backlash grows. Seems not only is she a loudmouth, but has no spine to even stand up for her original statements.

Does anyone believe for a minute her retraction?

On another note, did anyone see where Sean Penn lost a $10 million dollar movie deal for his Iraq trip? The only thing these people wake up to his a financial hit with money.

I think the DC's are going to be wide awake very soon. I wonder how the other 2 feel about this?

Bottom line...

Celebs are simply artists. I don't go to the local abstract artist in a downtown studio to get my car fixed much less to ask advice on how this country should be run.

I believe art has its place in our world and has a very positive impact, but people have no business even considering an ounce of opinion coming from these self appointed celebrity spokes people.

I find it humorous that these people who can't keep their own personal lives on an even keel (multiple marriages, rehabs, kleptomania, public outbursts, depression, suicide, etc..) would be listened to by any sane American.

Give them what they deserve, ridicule and laughter, when they overstep their realm of limited expertise in life.

"Just so you know, we're ashamed the president of the United States is from Texas." ...

..."Just so you know, I'm ashamed that the Dixie Chicks are from Texas"

..."Just so you know, I'm ashamed that the Dixie Chicks are from Texas"

lol, thats hilarious

snakum, don't tell me Bush is pushing the UN aside, because I remember Clinton never even went throught the UN when he bombed kosavo, which I supported him in. The more this goes on I am convinced that Bush wanted to point out that the UN is %100 worthless and should be revamped or disregarded.

But I hope the dixie chicks either shrival up and die away or kick out chubie chick. fatty needs to live a celebrity life in Iraq for a couple weeks.

Latest resources

Back