Another dual engine flameout

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Beechjet

Hey Frac Daddy, I can't remember the beechjet needing prist or any other type of additive but it was a while ago. Are you typed? or do you fly it.

Its a pretty short laundry list when you think of things that will flame out both engines.

laterallymobile said:
Hey Frac Daddy, I can't remember the beechjet needing prist or any other type of additive but it was a while ago. Are you typed? or do you fly it.

Its a pretty short laundry list when you think of things that will flame out both engines.

Prist is mandatory. Its in the Limitations.

This is the 3rd one I have heard of. 2nd at FO and one in South America. First two were lack of prist. The first one at FO was a bad fuel load that was supposed to have it. (I went to initial with the Capt.) and the South American one the guys just did not have any, so they went anyway.

Nice Job to the crew.

Is it true that Net Jets in Europe Made Raytheon put fuel heaters on theirs so they did not have to worry about prist availability? Any one know if the T-1 has fuel heaters.

I smell an expensive A.D. or MSB commin!!

By the way. I think you can make more at McDonalds than the 1900 F/O.

laterallymobile said:

Yes, Prist is required. I am typed and I fly it.

What's the hostility??? You need to get some!

ACT700 said:
Hey dingleberry:

quit your god dang bitching about "willing to work for the lowest paid..." and crap like that.

I'm sure when you flew the 1900s, you worked for the highest paid 1900 operator around.
Typical "Regionals" menatility. Everybody's a scab except for me.

According to your profile (2100 hours) the epuipment you claim to have flown, you sure were in a position to demand to get paid what we (as a pilot group-not you, in particular) are worth.

Shut the ef up, you tool!

Note: we need a middle-finger smilie.

What's with the hostility? I was commenting that the original guy is bragging about doing this fine bit of professional piloting with the lowest payscale in the fractional industry, his words, not mine. I actually have no idea, nor care, what in the "ef" you are paid, judging by the arguments and content of your post, I think it is probably too much. If people of even your calibre are able to safely handle an inflight emergency as imperative as a duel engine failure, then why pay for actual people with intellect and acumen?

ALPA and teamsters are made for people like you, use the strength of others to support the meek. Wait for the deserving to raise the level of the water so that your boat may indeed, one day, float.

Live Aloha!

Full of Crap-

Ahhh yes the union argument. You do realize that your beloved LUV has a union and probably the crappy place you are driving a CRJ has a union.

You really are a troll loser with no idea how this industry works.

Full of LUV said:
Although you boast about being a "group of skilled highly professional pilots" willing to work for "one of the lowest paid fractional companies", isn't that part of the problem??? You've just proved that free coffee and $100 a day will get you all the professionalism you need to save the day. Management 1 / Pilot profession 0

Again, dingleberry,

I read those words in YOUR post; see quote.

Second, no, actually I am underpaid for what I do! Intellect has nothing to do with this conversation. (I probably have more intellect than you anyway.)

Union, me, right. Although I am not against unions, ALPA has nothing to offer for me right now-that is the state of the industry vs. ALPA's contributions.
That is why I am not working for an airline. It is by choice, my choice, not inability.
I've done the regional thing.

Getting back to my reply to your post:
What I was getting at, is that people who use argument such as your's, are always criticizing people who work for airlines that pay them "what they do".

However, I am certain, that when you worked for regionals, or whatever your background is, you were certainly underpaid; hence falling into the very category you criticize.

Where is your intellect now?

A+ Crew

From what I've read the crew tried multiple re-starts with no luck. A dead-stick landing was made at Jacksonville. A huge round of applause and kudo's should go out to such a fine crew for getting her down safely.

Latest resources

Back