Annual Bonus Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
25% of my annual salary

Corporate job I last held gave me a 21K bonus in cash, yes, thank you very much! I got that for a few years then quit flying to be home with my kids full time when they lost their mom. Now the new company Im with gave me 150 bucks. Im not complaining and am glad to have a flying job.

Does anyone else find this entire thread depressing? Oh well, it's nice to have a job working for a great group of people.

Does anyone else find this entire thread depressing? Oh well, it's nice to have a job working for a great group of people.

Nah...just be sure your SALARY is where it should be, and a bonus is just that - a bonus. The problem is when its treated like salary. It can come and go each year, but your salary wont.

Just protect yourself. My bonus is actually a range that was agreed on prior to employment. If it starts going away, so may I. Every job and scenario is unique - but good people dont come cheap. QOL and a great group of people is a plus, but it does not pay the bills or grow the savings account.

Most people I talk to did pretty well this year, much better than the last few it seems.......Maybe things are slowly picking up....:confused:

A bonus is just like stock options or a title.

My grandfather had a couple of pearls of wisdom that I have used on more then one interview:
"I find it really tough to put spaghetti sauce on a bonus and feed it to the kids"

"Unfortunately my landlord stopped taking (stock options, titles, bonus's, yada yada) just last week, from here on in they only want cash."

Mine has been the same for 4 years, but went down quite a bit this year as a percentage of my salary (only because my salary went up quite a bit with new equipment. :D)

Latest resources

Back