Annual Bonus Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

solpilot

For those who receive an annual bonus, please list what your typical bonus is. Or, if you don't want to share the actual number, the percentage of your salary that's paid as a bonus. Thanks

A fruit basket.

Ours is " congratulations your still employed" now get back to work.

We get something like, "Wow, isn't it great that you still fly for a living."

That sure is a nice jet you fly around. Those things don't grow on trees you know.

"Don't be silly, COLA is a drink."

Ancillary duties around the hangar when not on the road? "You'll do it or we'll find someone who will!"

No one has ever said this, but the writing is on the wall...After all, we are in a recession. There are plenty of pilots available, we'll train them just like we trained you. If they don't work out, we'll get another one.

"Now, get back to work."

I think bonuses are kept in the same room as hard days off, vacations and something resembling a schedule...the construction costs for that room have never been presented in a budget proposal at our company. Which, incidentally, I think the owner would probably find reasonable. However, management would never present such a proposal because they have a fiduciary duty to keep costs down for the owners and protect their own interests(gravy train).

Over promise and under deliver from a management stand point, that's our motto. Owners and employees aren't always happy but fixed costs are generally kept lower than the next bidder and the beat goes on...

Rant over.

Over the last few years it has ranged from $5000-$26,000.

At a smaller operation this has been in CASH (hell yeah)

If expected to be part of your salary be sure to iron that out from the start.

I love bonuses and personally think they should be in the 100K range every year.

:)

Last edited:
We get something like, "Wow, isn't it great that you still fly for a living."

That sure is a nice jet you fly around. Those things don't grow on trees you know.

"Don't be silly, COLA is a drink."

Ancillary duties around the hangar when not on the road? "You'll do it or we'll find someone who will!"

No one has ever said this, but the writing is on the wall...After all, we are in a recession. There are plenty of pilots available, we'll train them just like we trained you. If they don't work out, we'll get another one.

"Now, get back to work."

I think bonuses are kept in the same room as hard days off, vacations and something resembling a schedule...the construction costs for that room have never been presented in a budget proposal at our company. Which, incidentally, I think the owner would probably find reasonable. However, management would never present such a proposal because they have a fiduciary duty to keep costs down for the owners and protect their own interests(gravy train).

Over promise and under deliver from a management stand point, that's our motto. Owners and employees aren't always happy but fixed costs are generally kept lower than the next bidder and the beat goes on...

Rant over.

Yeah, everything he said....

depends on how the company performs. based on EPS...this year...25% of salary plus a generous ESOP contribution....

.006% of my yearly salary, but at least its something in this terrible economy.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back