• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Annoying crap the CA/FO does

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In that case the FO just ratted the captain out to the Feds, and the CA is unprotected since he/she didn't fill out an ASAP report. If the FO/CA files a report, and the violation was a deliberate one, such as the other person flying hung over, etc. the other person is not protected, even if they do file an ASAP report.

The program is great, but think carefully before you torch someone else.

It's not like no one will ever know who wrote such a report. Whether or not the captain has lots of "friends", others WILL know of such a deed. The airline community may be large but it's not large enough. The culprit would likely face a long and/or short career.

As for the originator, I'm already sorry for your future F/Os - if you make it that far.

I feel your pain brother... Maybe you can try this:

"Psycho bitch, park that fat ass for takeoff."

You don't use her name, yet you aren't exactly impersonal either... ;)

It seems all the airlines hire are psyco F/A's I don't know how many times I've been hit on by these chicks, I even tell em- married man, wife works here, they don't care.

When I was a newb, I used to wonder why the old guys would say stay away from the F/A's -I tell you leave those ho's alone. If they don't want you using thier name, same hey just following the script in the fom.

My bad. I assumed you were talking about the taxi out PA (then I saw you were a captain in your profile, so it's obviously not you talking then.)

Obviously you can tell what my pet peeve is now. Nothing worse than the FO trying to sound cool on the PA while I'm trying to taxi and covering the radios for you. Stick to the script, make it short and sweet, because we have more important things to do.

Thank you Sir!

Part of my ending initial crew brief is; #1 we're going going to be safe, #2 is were going to have fun! When the airplane's moving it's business time.

To keep with the thread, I just flew a four day with a guy who I'd flown with in the past and he's getting to be a senior FO now. I'd even call him a casual friend. He was very motivated and ambitious, but to the point that he started stepping on my toes. I'm all for "get'er done" and keeping the peeps informed. Problem was, he'd go off on his own without asking. I'm pretty casual about taking up good ideas but you better take three f'ing seconds to ask me before you go off mic with me. We pulled in to the ramp and he immediately went off to inform the pax the gate was occupied. I saw him do it and I let him finish up and when we came to a stop, I told him that I was going to tell the peeps to remain seated and there would be short delay getting parked. He said that he already did that. I told him "I know..." and then gave him a friendly lecture that even though he's doing a good job, he need's to keep in mind that the Captain will determine when to do all these things we need (should) to do. When you're the Captain then it's your boat and then you'll determine when to do things. In the mean time, don't do something that will piss YOUR Captain off or make him look stupid by running his/her ship. Even though I tell MY FO's 99.9% of the time I'm about to do something, it's their job to let me know 100% of the time if they're going outside their responsibilities.

Last edited:
I also see it as somebody trying to be funny about how they really feel. Like sort of a cover up.

I'm just a copilot so don't get too wrapped up in the amateur-hour psycho analysis. It's Flight Info so don't read to deep.

No hidden motives or cover-ups here. It was really just sarcasm. Sorry you don't think I am a funny guy.

I can't stand the FO's who want to play "pack man" I've set the packs, the temperature is nice, now you are going to reach up there and make it too damn hot or too damn cold. I can't put up with that. My plane, my packs. Sorry!

I can't stand the FO's who want to play "pack man" I've set the packs, the temperature is nice, now you are going to reach up there and make it too damn hot or too damn cold. I can't put up with that. My plane, my packs. Sorry!

If it's 45 degrees in the cockpit, I don't care how fat the captain is and how all the flab makes him/her feel hot. I'm turning that knob.

Latest resources

Back