• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Annoying crap the CA/FO does

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All these people who say things like "until you upgrade, you just sit there and sling my gear" or "gear up, flaps up, change to departure" are really just showing their true colors as a weak captain. So ignorant.

You don't get the sarcasm of this majority of this thread do you?

BTW I like 1 creamer and my stir stick trimmed to to 3.25 inches.

Thank you.

Get it? Sarcasm....See how it works?

I am still left wondering if I should have talked to someone about this guy. I don't know if he should be taking Ridilin or if he even can as a pilot. I also wonder if maybe he was on speed or something like that. All I know is I really wouldn't want my family in the back when that Captain is up front.

Call Pro Standards...

You don't get the sarcasm of this majority of this thread do you?

BTW I like 1 creamer and my stir stick trimmed to to 3.25 inches.

Thank you.

Get it? Sarcasm....See how it works?

I also see it as somebody trying to be funny about how they really feel. Like sort of a cover up.

You're kidding, right?

Unfortunately, no.

I strongly support the ASAP program at my airline. I believe that it can be a valuable tool to improve safety.

However, I'm also afraid it can also be perverted by an FO with an agenda.

Case in point: If the FO files an ASAP report, without the Captain's knowledge, alleging a flagrant violation of the FARs, what happens? Is the report now the sole source of information when the topic comes up with the Feds? Who is really protected?

I'm basing this off of an event that recently happened at my airline.

Captains, watch yourselves. As an airline pilot, I see this potential turn of events having a negative impact on safety.

The cowboy thing is pretty isolated to the South. It's not universal.

I agree with your other post, however. Good post.

You, sir, fall in the category of one of the good captains. Easily one of the best I've flown with so far.

Also, the South never really lost the war or Northern Agression. Furthermore, Sherman was a SOB. :)

Lemme guess, Unclebunkle has an IPOD, backpack and sunglasses on the back of their neck, won't do a walk around when its raining or too cold and talks on their I Phone incessantly while in the cockpit.

Enough time has passed, it's ready to start a new CA vs. FO thread.​

To the CA's:
1. I am not "your FO". Please do not refer to the guy you are flying with as "my FO". Same goes to FA's.
2. When you call for a Checklist, you should actually be ready to respond to it. Me: "T/O data and Speeds", CA: fumbles around for 2 minutes trying to set speeds....then, "Set".
3. Quit centering the heading bug when I am flying. I promise you, the plane will not veer violently off course if the heading bug is 3 degrees to the left.
4. I could care less about your church or your kids. Seriously... Religion and Kids can stay at home.
5. Don't leave your friggin flight case on the floor behind the center pedestal. Put it in the damn place beside your seat. No, I don't like scrambling over your bag every time I step into/out of the cockpit.
6. Are you wearing cowboy boots?​

If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you junior!!

Unfortunately, no.

Case in point: If the FO files an ASAP report, without the Captain's knowledge, alleging a flagrant violation of the FARs, what happens? Is the report now the sole source of information when the topic comes up with the Feds? Who is really protected?

Captains, watch yourselves. As an airline pilot, I see this potential turn of events having a negative impact on safety.

In that case the FO just ratted the captain out to the Feds, and the CA is unprotected since he/she didn't fill out an ASAP report. If the FO/CA files a report, and the violation was a deliberate one, such as the other person flying hung over, etc. the other person is not protected, even if they do file an ASAP report.

The program is great, but think carefully before you torch someone else.

Unfortunately, no.

I strongly support the ASAP program at my airline. I believe that it can be a valuable tool to improve safety.

However, I'm also afraid it can also be perverted by an FO with an agenda.

I'm basing this off of an event that recently happened at my airline.

I'm not sure if all ASAPs work the same or if they are different depending on the company, but the way it works at my airline is that you have 24 hours from your duty off time on the day the event/violation happend or 24 hours from the time that the even/violation was brought to your attention to file an ASAP report. Our POI says that stuff such as alt busts, ATC deviations, route mess ups, crossing restrictions are known right away so you have 24 hours from duty off time. Stuff such as bad math on a load sheet might not have been noticed when it happened. So lets say 2 months later your paperwork gets audited and you messed up math and tookoff 1000 lbs overweight. The feds send you a letter you then have 24 hours from the time you get the letter to get the ASAP report filed.

In this case I'm guessing that when you got the letter you would still have 24 hours to get that ASAP report filed.

Either way any crewmember that would try to throw someone under the bus using the ASAP program needs to be fed to a woodchipper.

Last edited:
Flew with a FA who freaked out because I used her name in the PA announcement ("Mary, prepare the cabin for takeoff.") Said it was inviting men to flirt with her.

So I stopped using FA's names.

A week later, another FA freaked out because I didn't use her name. ("Jeez, like, saying 'Flight Attendant' sounds so sterile, impersonal")

Any ideas here? I;m ready to go Postal on the next FA who b*tches to me about anything!

I feel your pain brother... Maybe you can try this:

"Psycho bitch, park that fat ass for takeoff."

You don't use her name, yet you aren't exactly impersonal either... ;)

Latest resources

Back