Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
See's something and then says "I got to post that on FI.com!!"

Unfortunately, no.

I strongly support the ASAP program at my airline. I believe that it can be a valuable tool to improve safety.

However, I'm also afraid it can also be perverted by an FO with an agenda.

Case in point: If the FO files an ASAP report, without the Captain's knowledge, alleging a flagrant violation of the FARs, what happens? Is the report now the sole source of information when the topic comes up with the Feds? Who is really protected?

I'm basing this off of an event that recently happened at my airline.

Captains, watch yourselves. As an airline pilot, I see this potential turn of events having a negative impact on safety.

OK, what is the story here. This sounds like a real F'd up story. Especially when the Feds are involved.

I feel your pain brother... Maybe you can try this:

"Psycho bitch, park that fat ass for takeoff."

You don't use her name, yet you aren't exactly impersonal either... ;)

I actually prefer the personal approach; " 'Sindee' is our flight attendant today. I've had a lot of flight attendants over the years and she's definately one of the best. Again, welcome aboard".

I actually prefer the personal approach; " 'Sindee' is our flight attendant today. I've had a lot of flight attendants over the years and she's definately one of the best. Again, welcome aboard".

You know, it's still sterile cockpit unless the brake is set. So, you might be better off sticking to the FAA-approved script in your FOM.

You know, it's still sterile cockpit unless the brake is set. So, you might be better off sticking to the FAA-approved script in your FOM.

Door is open, paperwork on it's way out. Thanks for your input. Be sure to say "Hi" back to me and my crew during the silent ride to the hotel.

Door is open, paperwork on it's way out. Thanks for your input. Be sure to say "Hi" back to me and my crew during the silent ride to the hotel.

My bad. I assumed you were talking about the taxi out PA (then I saw you were a captain in your profile, so it's obviously not you talking then.)

Obviously you can tell what my pet peeve is now. Nothing worse than the FO trying to sound cool on the PA while I'm trying to taxi and covering the radios for you. Stick to the script, make it short and sweet, because we have more important things to do.

Enough time has passed, it's ready to start a new CA vs. FO thread.​

3. Quit centering the heading bug when I am flying. I promise you, the plane will not veer violently off course if the heading bug is 3 degrees to the left.
Then quit being a sloppy, lazy idiot. If it's too hard for you to keep something as little as a heading bug set, you are a hazard. (CMR crash at LEX?)
4. I could care less about your church or your kids.
You sound like SUCH an a$$hole...

6. Are you wearing cowboy boots?
Are you wearing hairgel? Doc Martins? Is that a soul patch? What are those PINK wires coming out of your ears?
replies above

I think this kind of thread could be useful even if that was not the intention of the originator. I like to see what bugs others as I might see something that I am doing without knowing that it might be annoying.

As an FO, I used to like to say in the beginning "I take all comments as helpful advise. Please let me know if you see me doing something that needs to improve." Then the hard part is trying to live up to that statement for the rest of the trip.

One thing that used to bug me was on approach when the Captain would put his hand on the flap handle as a way of saying "I think you should start to configure now." If I was being genuine to my statement about helpful advise this should not have bothered me. Sometimes it's hard to live up to my own good intentions.

Oh yea. I don't care what kind of footwear anyone wears.

You, sir, fall in the category of one of the good captains. Easily one of the best I've flown with so far.

Also, the South never really lost the war or Northern Agression. Furthermore, Sherman was a SOB. :)

You're right. The South didn't just lose. They were on their knees and surrendered like little b*tches. ;)

And it wasn't the war of Northern Aggression. It was the war of Northern Domination.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back