• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anderson to align capacity with demand

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seamless integration... nope, "Seem-less" integration.

Did anyone else play witness to DTW melting down like a block of Velveeta in a microwave when it rained on Thursday?

You mean with the level 6 storms to FL550 that dumped golf ball size hail on my house and knocked out power for 2 days?

I suppose you "men" fly into that?

You mean with the level 6 storms to FL550 that dumped golf ball size hail on my house and knocked out power for 2 days?

Doesn't take much to damage the trailer now does it? I'm surprised you didn't just hook it up to the trusty F150 and drive it out of the bad weather.

Why, you looking for a date?

Radar is not what NWA pilots use for there pass, info, self management, it's ATLAS, which is lightyears ahead of what I have seen so far at DAL. I showed my DAL buddy the ATLAS interface and his jaw dropped. BTW, what's a squadron?

ATLAS is very similar....it's all PARS based information.

Travelnet is a lot more user friendly... or was. I'm still feeling out the new system- which I'm assuming is the only one you've seen. There are plenty of kinks to be worked out with the new one.

And with "squadron," I mean the "NWA IS THE BEST" bullcrap. We're all one company now whether you like it or not. Turbulence plots are nice, but they aren't the end all be all of aviation. It's still a ground pounder in a dark room with a computer.... what happens in the atmosphere can be (and is) quite a bit different. They are much better for t-storm areas than turbulence layers.

With all due respect, the TravelNet system is pre-historic. Have showed my two DAL golf associates the Radar/Atlas system and they were wishing it came over. EVEN my AMR buddy thought it was very good. Hopefully the NWA IT Dept. will upgrade TravelNet to the Atlas/Radar capabilites down the road after S.O.C. Not even going to open up the issue of procedures, jumpseat, healthcare cost active/retired, commuting policy, bidding, resv. guarantee, sick leave, management #1 in losses, etc...and all those wide-bodies that don't pay widebody rates. The kool aid must have been strong. Due our warm crew meals come with grits now?

Last edited:

I'm not talking about what you fly through, I'm talking about the wreck that terminal was until midnight which is when I finally left. They were not on their A-game last week.

With all due respect, the TravelNet system is pre-historic. Have showed my two DAL golf associates the Radar/Atlas system and they were wishing it came over. EVEN my AMR buddy thought it was very good.

Agreed, it is prehistoric. Kinda like your 747's and DC-9's. Maybe it will go away just like them.

Hopefully the NWA IT Dept. will upgrade TravelNet to the Atlas/Radar capabilites down the road after S.O.C.
Why not, they've taken over everything else.

Not even going to open up the issue of procedures, jumpseat, healthcare cost active/retired, commuting policy, bidding, resv. guarantee, sick leave, management #1 in losses, etc...and all those wide-bodies that don't pay widebody rates.
Yet still paid better than the few measly (old)widebodies that NW brought to the table, in which some are already slated for the boneyard.

The kool aid must have been strong.
Do they serve it with ice up north?

Due our warm crew meals come with grits now?
Is there a date when they are due? I'm not sure?!?!?! Never had grits!

Forgot to mention NWA IS DAL's D.I.P. financing right now. Without the $1 Billion L.O.C. DAL would be the first to re-file CH-11 this fall. D- job in first CH-11, great plan for double digit INT. expansion as only hope to survive. Now what? Oh, I forgot, NWA cash and cashflow. You guys never could handle the truth. Was it the rocking chair? Together we have a better chance for long term survival. It is your only hope.

Last edited:
I don't know what happend in the last few days on this thread, but all of a sudden, like PMS, i'm feeling a lot of hostility from both sides. I can't control the SLI outcome, neither can you. I've moved on, and so should you.

It is your only hope.

We're now joined at the hip, whether you like it or not. Peace.

When I first got hired, all my learning on travelnet was based on what I could display on PARS/RADAR (I knew all the codes on pars off the top of my head thanks to growing up around it and then the subsequent commuting). I found very quickly I could display most of what was available on pars, albeit in a different format- was just learning how to find the appropriate infomation. Much like learning a new FOM...

All in all... we'll end up growing into what is better after a little while anyways. Right now it's just a race to SOC.

I get annoyed very easily by the "my airline is better than your airline BS" from both sides... Diesel has bought into this 100%. My sim instructor on day 1 of last week was the DAL version of you. It comes from both sides.

Haven't seen any grits in the crew meals lately. I'll enjoy my surf and turf on wed and fri of this week, though. Breakfast quesadillas on thurs and sat. I'll check and see if the grits are available, for you.

Last edited:
Was it the rocking chair? Together we have a better chance for long term survival. It is your only hope.

The rocking chair doesn't exist anymore.

It's "your" only hope? Last I checked, I believe it's yours as well.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back