• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anderson to align capacity with demand

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Question for the Delta S boys. Have all of y'all been issued the new wings and hat brass? If so, why do I see guys wearing the old wings(blue on the widget)? Are they trying to make a statement or they have not received their new ones?

The North pilots are no better. A lot of them are still wearing the old navy blue NWA epaulets. It's so we can differentiate between North and South.

Say, are the nametapes different as well?

I seem to think the new one that the DL-N guys are sporting are generally larger and shinier than the ones I remember seeing on DL-S uniforms.

Have not seen that. Everyone I have seen is wearing the uniform like we are supposed to. Hell, surprisingly most are even wearing the hat, even see some wearing the coat in the summer. I always remember the green holdouts wearing the black ties and overcoats and how stupid it looked. Hopefully if there really guys wearing the blue epaulets and old wings, they are few and far between.

The North pilots are no better. A lot of them are still wearing the old navy blue NWA epaulets. It's so we can differentiate between North and South.

CPZ should go first, but for many of the other DCI carriers you are assuming a merger with DAL. DAL can not, for example, go to Skywest and say, BTW, we've just negotiated a PWA with the DAL pilots and we've decided that we're taking your pilots. The non wholly owned carriers are independent of DAL. DAL should not, and would agree to acquire the non wholly owned carriers for the sole purpose of putting these pilots on our list.

OTOH, it could be negotiated that DAL will not renew or sign any new DCI contracts on 70 or 76 seat aircraft at DCI. If the non wholly owned carriers furlough, preferential interviews could be offered.

FDJ;
Duh. ;)

I know and that makes it difficult. We could do it with the WO, and I agree that the best way to bring flying back is to make the company agree not to renew contracts. I also think that with the costs associated with DCI management has an interest in shrinking them. Because of this, it will make the recapturing of this flying easier, and cost less in negotiating capitial !

Best time to do this is when the company does not want it.

Have not seen that. Everyone I have seen is wearing the uniform like we are supposed to. Hell, surprisingly most are even wearing the hat, even see some wearing the coat in the summer. I always remember the green holdouts wearing the black ties and overcoats and how stupid it looked. Hopefully if there really guys wearing the blue epaulets and old wings, they are few and far between.

I know a few International guys that do not like the new wings and refuse to wear them. To date no enforcement action has been take against the violations.

Say, are the nametapes different as well?

I seem to think the new one that the DL-N guys are sporting are generally larger and shinier than the ones I remember seeing on DL-S uniforms.

No they are exactly the same. They went to a polished brass with a different font. They issued these to every pilot. Many are still wearing their old ones that is all.

Latest resources

Back