Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
carpe

Thats your responce?

Your reason their are 10 DCI carriers doing over 50% of Delta Flying.

Also I didn't say one thing about the RJDC!

701EV

I don't know any Delta pilots who thought ASA and CMR would get DOH. But I do know a lot thought they might do better than a staple, and that was not acceptable. If the ASA and CMR pilots had come to DALPA with a deal that included a staple, I think we may well have one list now. But the senior pilots at ASA and CMR knew darn well they would go for more than that. Way more than that.

My question is, did Dan Ford, the RJDC, or some crew room big mouth, control Delta MEC policy, or negotiations? Did they somehow force the outcome of votes, September 11th, Leo Mullins and Michelle Burns negligent management of the company, or bankruptcy?

While so many of the Flight Info cognoscenti stab their pitchforks into straw men, Delta flying continues to be outsourced. Scope violations continue to be negotiated, longevity is lost and careers stagnate.

Does it matter who has the right answer?

I still think that we need to go after all of our branded flying. We need to bring all DCI pilots on board. There needs to be a prenuptial with these carriers that a staple would be the integration method. If not, we will be going back and forth for the rest of our careers.

I still think that we need to go after all of our branded flying. We need to bring all DCI pilots on board. There needs to be a prenuptial with these carriers that a staple would be the integration method. If not, we will be going back and forth for the rest of our careers.

Very true. But anything but a "big staple" is not negotiable. One way to bring DCI carriers on board is to let DOH dictate seniority among the DCI carriers. Then, that 'Master DCI Seniority List' could be stapled below the most junior Delta pilot.

Very true. But anything but a "big staple" is not negotiable. One way to bring DCI carriers on board is to let DOH dictate seniority among the DCI carriers. Then, that 'Master DCI Seniority List' could be stapled below the most junior Delta pilot.

That would be completely unfair to Compass. They already have the best flow-up potential and equipment. The flowback is their greatest threat, but the associated costs could make this unlikely.

Schwanker

That is why CPS should be stapled first.

CPZ should go first, but for many of the other DCI carriers you are assuming a merger with DAL. DAL can not, for example, go to Skywest and say, BTW, we've just negotiated a PWA with the DAL pilots and we've decided that we're taking your pilots. The non wholly owned carriers are independent of DAL. DAL should not, and would agree to acquire the non wholly owned carriers for the sole purpose of putting these pilots on our list.

OTOH, it could be negotiated that DAL will not renew or sign any new DCI contracts on 70 or 76 seat aircraft at DCI. If the non wholly owned carriers furlough, preferential interviews could be offered.

Question for the Delta S boys. Have all of y'all been issued the new wings and hat brass? If so, why do I see guys wearing the old wings(blue on the widget)? Are they trying to make a statement or they have not received their new ones?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back