Anderson to align capacity with demand

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is the official word.......

So we are having a displacement bid to lower widebody manning and no one is concerned about the flying we are SHIFTING to Air France/KLM. We gave JFK-CDG to Air France. I am in BOM on the EWR-AMS-BOM trip and I am hearing we are giving that KLM in the near future. Since Delta shares all the profits it is no loss for them. It is however a lot of good pilots jobs heading East:(

Who told you we were merging with United? Oh wait that is your educated guess! Hey we might have some bad fuel hedges, but we have some new fuel efficient aircraft. As much as I want to fly a DC-9, we have none.

Our CEO has stated that if Delta gets stronger, they will take another look at consolidation. Is Delta getting stronger? Is Delta a threat to our NYC operation? I don't think so. BTW, although there might be many similarities between Dela and Continental, our INTL market IS different. There was a great article in the Wall Street Journal years ago about this. Our PVG flights are holding up very well, its a shame the US gov't gave this route to UAL and then Delta. We could of used it years ago.

This does not mean CAL will not decide on further capacity cuts. I hope we do not. When the business traveler comes back it will be quick and we must be ready. Tough choices.

But in the end, I hope we do not see any furloughs at Delta, I have many friends there. I also don't want to see any 70 seat RJs. ugh! Just don't be telling us that CAL is in worse shape than Delta because we are not.
As bad as JFK is at its worst,...EWR has to be the worst airport worldwide for delays. That has to have a major impact on CAL's bottom line. I can't see any way that EWR can improve its traffic flow without taking over large chunks of surrounding real estate and converting it into additional runways.
So, if DAL ramps up JFK Atlantic/Pacific flights, can CAL do the same at EWR?

crj567 is a very bitter fellow, who loves to trash DL or anyone on here that doesn't speak ill towards that "impending disaster" that is DL.

He is also an ASA pilot which makes him an employee for a DL subcontractor. Without this contract most likely he would not be getting a paycheck. Flame and trash DL and its employees till your blue in the face, seems kinda sad and hateful to me, but if carma doesn't get ya, remember the law of " All Sh@t flows downhill "

Alright FINS, good point. It would have been a more feasible flow-down for many if the pay rates would have reflected longevity. I am trying to figure out how Delta pilots that end up on the bottom half of the Compass list are going to make it worth their time to show up for work 18 days a month for 20k/year. That was NWA MEC's doing.

Actually, it's working "19 days a month." Most people can't get 18 right now (11 off is currently what 50% of lineholders get).

Actually, it's working "19 days a month." Most people can't get 18 right now (11 off is currently what 50% of lineholders get).

Yeah, I flew most of the Compass routes on the DC-9 including the DC-9-10, which holds only 7 more passengers than the EMB175. It was 14 days of duty per month and 105k/year in the right seat. During the BK process, 60% of us buckled with fear and gave away that flying to those willing to do the job for much less. Shame!!!

So we are having a displacement bid to lower widebody manning and no one is concerned about the flying we are SHIFTING to Air France/KLM. We gave JFK-CDG to Air France. I am in BOM on the EWR-AMS-BOM trip and I am hearing we are giving that KLM in the near future. Since Delta shares all the profits it is no loss for them. It is however a lot of good pilots jobs heading East:(

Think DCI = business model.

Thanks ALPA!

There are about 7000 pilot jobs in the US right now doing flying for Delta that don't have "Delta" written on their paychecks.

If you guys hadn't given up scope, every pilot currently at mainline would be a captain or senior FO and thousands of numbers away from even dreaming about being furloughed. But, your union will continue to sell you out so they can get another dollar an hour pay raise on whatever type of widebody equipment they're captains on.

As its been mentioned above, just wait until they do the same thing with codeshares. Its already starting... now is the time to stop it before it gets as out of control as RJs or none of you will have jobs. Delta Connection to ATL then Air France / KLM / Skyteam from there. Never set foot on an actual Delta mainline airplane.

As I understand it, there will be a displacement bid in Aug. What size is yet to be determined.

Latest resources

Back