• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anderson sets the table for job cuts at Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Interesting...Anderson is singing the blues at the same time settling a grievance with an "enhanced" no furlough clause.

There are two possibilities: 1) They don't plan on furloughing or 2) They will anyway, and tell us to go screw.

My guess is the latter...

Nu

Interesting...Anderson is singing the blues at the same time settling a grievance with an "enhanced" no furlough clause.

There are two possibilities: 1) They don't plan on furloughing or 2) They will anyway, and tell us to go screw.

My guess is the latter...

Nu

Nu, After they roll back seats with a furlough they can put them back in with recall *offered* So when gas goes up again park DC9's furlough ~470 (9/11 set) and only have to pull seats out of ~30 CRJ900's.

Then you call back pilots only to account for attrition, end up with a smaller net airline, get to put the seats back in, and still replace DC9 with an increased number of 76 seater's.

This agreement does not do shinola for us, but give DAL what they want.

Last edited:
Fly and Nu,

Just remember they do things different here.. It is the Delta difference don't ya know. A more professional, less confrontational way of dealing with mgmt. Too bad these guys won't realize this was essentially a NWA takeover of a mostly non-union airline until its too late. The only union on the property thinks they are PARTNERS with mgmt.

Fly and Nu,

Just remember they do things different here.. It is the Delta difference don't ya know. A more professional, less confrontational way of dealing with mgmt. Too bad these guys won't realize this was essentially a NWA takeover of a mostly non-union airline until its too late. The only union on the property thinks they are PARTNERS with mgmt.

You keep believing your own story Cobra....

So Riddle me this O wise one....Delta brings

1) Atlanta HQ
2) Delta Paintjob
3) Delta uniforms
4) Delta Brand

You and your North Yahoos bring the 747 (ooooOOO)
and a pi$$ poor excuse of an International system. Yeah, the Pacific and Amsterdam.....niiiice!!
Toss in your old Douglas junkers and planes that call you a RETARD along with the paper plane called the 787 and man, you guys are a force to be reckoned with. Your hubs are massively important also, especially the one with the big three going bankrupt in it's back yard, but the hub near Elvis' house will make up the difference. 12 day trips, interstate layovers.....need I say more??

You have 2 guys in high positions who LEFT NWA for a BETTER job and then left THAT job to come to Delta. (Gorman and Anderson)

In your frozen North myopic eyes there was some sneaky dealings going on in the boardroom.....
"Ok, here's the plan!! We have to beat Delta somehow. Both of you QUIT and then try to get hired over there and then merge us together.....sound good??"

Does this post seem idiodic and stupid?? Sorry, your post wins the prize.

Get over yourself, you and your airline are now called DELTA.....deal with it!!

Billy,

You Ignorant slut......

Not saying we were anything special. At NWA it was very clear who you were. LABOR. There seems to be some misconception amongst the RDs that you/we are team members. Anderson, Gorman, Steeenland(on the board) Hirst, etc. are going to clean our clocks. I will answer your questions below

1) My guess would be a right to work state with lower corparate taxes.
2) Less aircraft to repaint (even with your multiple paintjobs)
3) This easy. 5000 new uniforms or 7300. Plus, I will throw you a bone that the Russian navy uniform looks better.
4) No doubt your brand name is better.

I agree, old ********************ty DC9s which are slightly more ********************ty than your DC9-88s (but thanks to your boy Moak they will be replaced shortly by shiney new crj900s and emb175s). You will like the bus. both the little and the big. Just don't take it personal with the "Retard, retard" thing. As far as the 787. Be glad that Boeing is so fjck up. That will allow delduh to strong arm boeing into a trade for some 777s that I am sure RDs will get to fly and then more 78s later we will fight over and probably share 1 to 1. As far as our piss poor intl, enjoy ams(very fun) and the pacific will provide lots of growth that a stand alone delduh would never achieved on its own. Been there, tried that. Remember??? You do realize without Pan Am and NWA your just Airtran without Elton John. MSP, I believe has the most fortune 500 hdq outside of NYC, and ORD. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. DTW, well, we will see how that shakes out. MEM, don't fjck with Elvis. I'm eyes are not myopic nor frozen, just realistic. Don't have a problem with being Delta(spelled it right this time for you) actually to the contrary will be proud if we get our ******************** together and realize our place. WE ARE LABOR.

1) Atlanta HQ
2) Delta Paintjob
3) Delta uniforms
4) Delta Brand

and a pi$$ poor excuse of an International system. Yeah, the Pacific and Amsterdam.....niiiice!!
Toss in your old Douglas junkers and planes that call you a RETARD along with the paper plane called the 787 and man, you guys are a force to be reckoned with. Your hubs are massively important also, especially the one with the big three going bankrupt in it's back yard, but the hub near Elvis' house will make up the difference. 12 day trips, interstate layovers.....need I say more??

You have 2 guys in high positions who LEFT NWA for a BETTER job and then left THAT job to come to Delta. (Gorman and Anderson)

In your frozen North myopic eyes there was some sneaky dealings going on in the boardroom.....
"Ok, here's the plan!! We have to beat Delta somehow. Both of you QUIT and then try to get hired over there and then merge us together.....sound good??"

Does this post seem idiodic and stupid?? Sorry, your post wins the prize.

Get over yourself, you and your airline are now called DELTA.....deal with it!!

1) Atlanta HQ
2) Delta Paintjob
3) Delta uniforms
4) Delta Brand

Ya sure, and the South's Gonna Do It Again (Yeeee Ha) guess what - the SLI is over, you prevailed. Next?

Anderson did not quit - this was all part of his 1000 yr plan for airline domination, including his statement "I'm not here to facilitate a merger"

Most of my fN compadres are cautiously optimistic for the future, however there is rather widespread concern over the perception, which many feel misplaced, over the apprent trust in doing buisness the old way with new DAL management that is more NWA than DAL.

You guys think we are being confrontational and cantankerous, we think you are being played like a fiddle by RA, and might not realize it until too late.

As has been said before there was a very distinct reason NWA's old PWA was 3x as thick as DAL's.

Maybe you guys will wake up with the wholesale slaughter of ramp and gate agents that is going to occur post SOC, which I predict will be cut by close to 50% and increase in effciency in the process....

1) Atlanta HQ
2) Delta Paintjob
3) Delta uniforms
4) Delta Brand

Toss in your old Douglas junkers and planes that call you a RETARD along with the paper plane called the 787 and man, you guys are a force to be reckoned with.

Tough being junior huh? It's statements like this that make the rest of the industry make fun of original DAL guys.

The ONLY thing that matters is $$$$$, and NWA makes more of it than any other legacy, even being 1/3 smaller than DAL.

I wouldn't make of fun of the DC-9 too much, it may be the next plane you are flying......

Not to worry. General Lee has already addressed possible furloughs in another thread:

" You just merged two carriers with some overlapping of routes( And infrastructure).

In another post/news flash, it is announced that 170 gates are going away system wide due to redundancy. Well any way you slice that, fewer gates generally means fewer aircraft.

Now, your MEC has given away more mainline flying.

The U.S. Economy is still in a free-fall mode and tens of thousands of people are losing their jobs on a daily basis in this country.

Call me crazy....But, I think some pretty large furloughs are just around the corner...Welcome to my World."

"I think your world and your reality is a bit cloudy. - General Lee

WORD.

No worries mates...

YKW

Last edited:
Tough being junior huh?

I wouldn't make of fun of the DC-9 too much, it may be the next plane you are flying......

With 9000 hours you are probably gonna pull gear for me....but it's all good if we're on the DC-9, you can teach me how to navigate by vectors!

See ya in the lounge!!

Ya sure, and the South's Gonna Do It Again (Yeeee Ha) guess what - the SLI is over, you prevailed. Next?

Anderson did not quit - this was all part of his 1000 yr plan for airline domination, including his statement "I'm not here to facilitate a merger"

Most of my fN compadres are cautiously optimistic for the future, however there is rather widespread concern over the perception, which many feel misplaced, over the apprent trust in doing buisness the old way with new DAL management that is more NWA than DAL.

You guys think we are being confrontational and cantankerous, we think you are being played like a fiddle by RA, and might not realize it until too late.

As has been said before there was a very distinct reason NWA's old PWA was 3x as thick as DAL's.

Maybe you guys will wake up with the wholesale slaughter of ramp and gate agents that is going to occur post SOC, which I predict will be cut by close to 50% and increase in effciency in the process....

Hey Fly,

Your post is the meat of an Idiot sandwich.....

You are 100 percent correct. We can't trust any of these characters no matter where they came from....RA has passed his lies off as excuses (High Oil, Economy) and I think you are right, the average Debbie and Dave Delta aren't ready for what's about to flow down the toilet....

Me? I'm looking forward to you guys teaching us to say "NO" to a TA or contract and giving the group some spine.

BTW, great avatar!!

Latest resources

Back