Anderson sets the table for job cuts at Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh Frankie. I love ya man!

Like I said there are no plans yet. As I have stated, the Sept numbers will tell the tail. I am shocked there have not been any to date.

They (management) like to go out and get cheap contract carriers to take YOUR flying. They make more money and the MAJOR airline pilots are getting furloughed.. Solution. Maybe look into CONTRACT MANAGEMENT. Pay them descent wages, maybe, maybe....senior F/O pay and bonuses only if they run a productive airline.

Who knows, the MBA boys and girls in management now couldn't run a 7/11 properly. I bet some young buisness majors with some good ideas and enthusiasm could do a much better job and save a company lost of money in bonuses.. Just a thought.

How is that Puff. I figured we would right size before that was announced later this year.

Still fits the bill. Start the agonizing now. A year's worth of bitching/moaning/planned layoffs in order to clear public sentiment that the Alaska deal is needed. I am referring to the original post.

That's the system we have now....I guess we'll just keep on.......:uzi: Reload!

Really? Many ASA/Comair newhires/upgrades happened during big time growth post 911 while 1000+ mainline Delta were furloughed. Guess that "turn your back" is all relative huh? "F" those guys as long as I get my PIC?

Kind of funny now. There are a few vocal SWA F/O's who are bitching about codeshare/scope who would not have their jobs now at Southwest were it not for Delta/UAL and others giving in on scope in their contracts in lieu of pay rates.

"I got mine" will never be replaced.

Here is one for ya.

I have been getting a few indications that RJDC is seeing LOA 2006-10 as an infraction on its agreement with ALPA. RJDC's beef is that this LOA pertained to only its original signatory's. (NWA-DAL-CPA and Mesaba) Fact is that due to the fact that this LOA now applies to all DCI carrier is very important to all Delta pilots. As we are shrinking we need to realize that this now affords our pilots the ability through our CBA to have rights at other carriers. It was not unintentional.
What we need to do is make sure that our MEC and CNC do not sign a MOA with the RJDC and company that it only includes these carriers. If they do that it is only a further erosion of our CBA rites. I urge all of you to contract our representation and tell them what the importance of this NWA LOA 2006-10 is to all of us.

So is RJDC having an effect?

Really? Many ASA/Comair newhires/upgrades happened during big time growth post 911 while 1000+ mainline Delta were furloughed. Guess that "turn your back" is all relative huh? "F" those guys as long as I get my PIC?

Kind of funny now. There are a few vocal SWA F/O's who are bitching about codeshare/scope who would not have their jobs now at Southwest were it not for Delta/UAL and others giving in on scope in their contracts in lieu of pay rates.

"I got mine" will never be replaced.

Maybe DALPA should have agreed to a single list back in 2000 when it was proposed by the ASA and CMR pilots....A little late to put the genie back in the bottle now....

Maybe they would have if not for a few "lifers" that felt they had nothing to lose by going for the gold. If they would have realized thier place (a staple with seat protection, for example) this would have happened.

Maybe DALPA should have agreed to a single list back in 2000 when it was proposed by the ASA and CMR pilots....A little late to put the genie back in the bottle now....

Latest resources

Back