• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anderson sets the table for job cuts at Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe they would have if not for a few "lifers" that felt they had nothing to lose by going for the gold. If they would have realized thier place (a staple with seat protection, for example) this would have happened.

So we as a collective group allowed 30-40 pilots to completely shift the airline industry down an unrecoverable path? This is a poor excuse- Delta wielded a much heavier ax than the senior regional lifers. If Delta wanted them stapled, they would have been stapled. We, as an industry, have been paying for this error for far too long, but until ALPA addresses this, contractual gains at any level are a moot point, as the whipsaw will continue and gains mitigated.

So we as a collective group allowed 30-40 pilots to completely shift the airline industry down an unrecoverable path? This is a poor excuse- Delta wielded a much heavier ax than the senior regional lifers. If Delta wanted them stapled, they would have been stapled. We, as an industry, have been paying for this error for far too long, but until ALPA addresses this, contractual gains at any level are a moot point, as the whipsaw will continue and gains mitigated.

You are incorrect on your understanding of how ALPA merger policy works. "Pull" has nothing to do with it once a PID is set.

So is RJDC having an effect?

Sure is. Every time I feel constipated, I just pull up one of the infamous, "industry updates.":laugh:
Other than that, the usual "scab type" mentality from the girls at the rjdc that couldn't get hired anywhere else!:crying: :crying:

Difficult to go anywhere else when you keep voting to outsource more mainline jobs. Tell me again why mainline pilots didn't want to fly 50 seat jets?

Last edited:
Or 70 seats, or 76 seats. You keep saying your going to "Take it back!" Well? What is this latest crap about 255 70/76 seaters?

If you want to know who is responsible, look in the mirror 'cause it sure ain't me and Joe Merchant.

That was the point. We can complain about the failure of the MEC, but we hold a lot of the blame for voting for these scope changes time and gain.

Latest resources

Back