• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

And done .....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe with the shortage, coupled with the union negotiating team doing it's thing, will get us the really good deal we all want.

Congratulations! You've just been reclassified as a neutron star. (sorry, I didn't just infer you're a heavenly body. Google it and you might figure it out. Or maybe not as you are, in fact, a neutron star)

At least we know who will be front and center at the big ADD parade in New York next month.

Have you heard our leadership, or NC, say anything even REMOTELY resembling it's now just a matter of letting the NC and the pilot shortage bring us home to a great new CBA?

Maybe I'm the one who has it all wrong. I was under the impression we worked for the same company. Because here at Netjets, all I've heard from our union leadership and NC is that in the next 90 days we need more leverage from the pilots than ever! They need every last one of us to get on board for the final big push! We will get exactly NOTHING that we want if we aren't providing maximum leverage RIGHT NOW for the NC to work with!

For crap's sake, our Eboard has flat out told us we need to INCREASE the leverage we're bringing to bear on the company in the next 90 days!!

Hey buddy, this is FI and we all know how it goes. Only the bullies and loudmouths who love to hear themselves talk come here, right? You sure as heck don't have to believe anything I tell you. I'm just a bitter hater, right?

Do you bother to go to our own union boards at all? If so, what's the message every last person in our union ranks, from Eboard to stewards to P2P reps are putting out? Do you get the weekly union email communications? What's the message being clearly conveyed in those emails? Do you make any REAL attempts to gather information (sorry, FI most definitely doesn't count)? Called a steward or spoken with a P2P rep? If so, what's the message they're giving you? If you haven't, may I suggest you do so? Because NO ONE is going to tell you, "Eh, it's all good now. We can just coast and allow the NC and pilot shortage to work their magic for a great CBA."

In fact, while I realize that being on the G's means you don't get to go to any of the recurrent union meetings, the lead negotiators themselves have specifically referenced the pilot shortage and told us it will NOT get us a decent contract.

Is there anybody you believe other than yourself?

I only bring all this up because I'm absolutely dieing to know how you reached your conclusion above! Considering no one actively involved in the process has even implied it, it's mind boggling to think that's the conclusion you've reached.

You either really are a neutron star, or you're desperately seeking a valid excuse to not get involved and are willing to cling to the weakest of premises to stay out of the fight.

Congratulations! You've just been reclassified as a neutron star. (sorry, I didn't just infer you're a heavenly body. Google it and you might figure it out. Or maybe not as you are, in fact, a neutron star)

At least we know who will be front and center at the big ADD parade in New York next month.

Have you heard our leadership, or NC, say anything even REMOTELY resembling it's now just a matter of letting the NC and the pilot shortage bring us home to a great new CBA?

Maybe I'm the one who has it all wrong. I was under the impression we worked for the same company. Because here at Netjets, all I've heard from our union leadership and NC is that in the next 90 days we need more leverage from the pilots than ever! They need every last one of us to get on board for the final big push! We will get exactly NOTHING that we want if we aren't providing maximum leverage RIGHT NOW for the NC to work with!

For crap's sake, our Eboard has flat out told us we need to INCREASE the leverage we're bringing to bear on the company in the next 90 days!!

Hey buddy, this is FI and we all know how it goes. Only the bullies and loudmouths who love to hear themselves talk come here, right? You sure as heck don't have to believe anything I tell you. I'm just a bitter hater, right?

Do you bother to go to our own union boards at all? If so, what's the message every last person in our union ranks, from Eboard to stewards to P2P reps are putting out? Do you get the weekly union email communications? What's the message being clearly conveyed in those emails? Do you make any REAL attempts to gather information (sorry, FI most definitely doesn't count)? Called a steward or spoken with a P2P rep? If so, what's the message they're giving you? If you haven't, may I suggest you do so? Because NO ONE is going to tell you, "Eh, it's all good now. We can just coast and allow the NC and pilot shortage to work their magic for a great CBA."

In fact, while I realize that being on the G's means you don't get to go to any of the recurrent union meetings, the lead negotiators themselves have specifically referenced the pilot shortage and told us it will NOT get us a decent contract.

I only bring all this up because I'm absolutely dieing to know how you reached your conclusion above! Considering no one actively involved in the process has even implied it, it's mind boggling to think that's the conclusion you've reached.

You either really are a neutron star, or you're desperately seeking a valid excuse to not get involved and are willing to cling to the weakest of premises to stay out of the fight.

Even to the casual observer on these boards I think ALL will agree, he/she most certainly falls under the latter of the two. Cudos to you guys that have kept it civil, but he/she is a lost cause. Chock it up to one beyond repair and move on.

When you are dealing with 2700+ humans on any level, your going to have some folks that insist the sky is neon green with orange and pink sparkles. After reading his/her gibberish over many many threads, one can conclude he/she is nothing more than a troll and its time to ignore the troll. I know we all love to rubberneck with a good freeway car crash and I get that. This one happens to be a 15 car pileup with a jackknifed 18 wheeler spilling strawberry jelly all over the freeway. Carry on......

Does anyone on this board understand how the marketplace works? With the shortage, NJA will have to strenuously compete for the services of the remaining pilots still available. The only way to do that is to attract them with money and good working conditions. Our pay will increase dramatically, or else we will be extremely short staffed. NJA will need to retain pilots already on the property AND hire new ones, while Delta and Southwest try to take them from us, as they are already doing.

Please don't insert a sokolism on this great day. This is excellent news for all of the employees at NetJets. Adam and Bill will get this place back on track.

Thank you!

Does anyone on this board understand how the marketplace works? With the shortage, NJA will have to strenuously compete for the services of the remaining pilots still available. The only way to do that is to attract them with money and good working conditions. Our pay will increase dramatically, or else we will be extremely short staffed. NJA will need to retain pilots already on the property AND hire new ones, while Delta and Southwest try to take them from us, as they are already doing.

Which is exactly why you're a neutron star.

It isn't the people on this board.

I know it's painful, but please read my previous post again. I don't feel like listing all the people in our union again that have told us the pilot shortage is NOT going to get us what we want.

You have admitted on this very board that this is your first union experience. That you've never been through this process before.

So it's downright mind boggling why you refuse to listen to, and heed, the advice of those that have. I'm talking about our union leadership, not anyone on this board. Recently you've been praising the job they've done for us, but now all of a sudden they don't know what they're doing?

Okay, it's obvious you won't be joining the fight. That's your choice. Just please stop trying to make it seem like you're actually considering anything when it's very transparent that you have a prepared excuse for everything. Enjoy the ride and the new CBA we get you.

You're welcome.

It's obvious with this post you didn't even take the time to listen to the town hall meeting.

I am in awe at every post you make not only how wrong you continue to be but your ignorance on top of it astounds I think everyone here.

No concept and no experience yet everyone is wrong and you're right.

Huh?

It's obvious with this post you didn't even take the time to listen to the town hall meeting.

I am in awe at every post you make not only how wrong you continue to be but your ignorance on top of it astounds I think everyone here.

No concept and no experience yet everyone is wrong and you're right.

Huh?

Your response tells us you have no idea how the marketplace works, how a shortage of a commodity (us pilots) creates higher demand relative to supply, thereby creating upward pressure on pay, which is what the union wants. The union is being helped, now that Harry Potter is gone, by the shortage. What on earth is controversial about that?

You...just....don't....get...it. WHY do you think they are getting the pilots from us? I need a bigger hand and bigger face to adequately facepalm this.
Here, watch this video of a "nuclear option" DAL MEC member explaining the things you and Yip just don't seem to grasp. If you wait for NJA to decide to pay up, catch up, whatever you want to call, it...you lose. YOU LOSE BIG.
Pay attention especially at 3:45 and even more at 5:20. Pay attention now to those two critical points, and remember...don't look where the puck is, look where the puck is going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQY4i5fDYMM

Latest resources

Back