An oil crash???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Morgan Stanley analysts are SMOKING CRACK

The Morgan Stanley analysts are SMOKING CRACK!! The world's oil is peaking. There will be a global OIL PRODUCTION PEAK and a GLOBAL OIL SUPPLY/DEMAND PEAK.
READ WEBSITES AND ARTICLES THAT I'VE PUT AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD OF PEAK OIL.
The global Oil Supply/Demand peak will be met in the Fourth Quarter. Global supplies will not be able to keep up with demand. This hasn't happened in the US in such a severe way since the Arab Oil Embargo of 1973-1974. Oil supplies were limited from several Arab oil producers to express displeasure with support for Israel. The price of gas went from $0.25 to $1.00 a gallon. The world is about to go into a PERMANENT OIL SUPPLY/DEMAND problem. The world has never seen anything like this before.

Oil prices went above $58 a barrel for a while today. I think $65 to as high as $80/barrel is likely by Christmas, UNLESS THE ECONOMY CRACKS. Inflation is going to rear its ugly head soon because of oil prices, the housing bubble will probably pop soon because of the Fed raising rates, and the whole economy has the potential to get really ugly. So the only way the Morgan Stanley analysts will be correct is if the economy goes into a recession. This will reduce demand for oil. The only other way to reduce demand is by RISING PRICES. The more demand must be reduced the more the prices must rise. Would $4.00/gallon cause you to drive less? $10.00/gallon?

Read this from an Iranian Analyst:
Iran Analyst Says Oil Output Won't Meet 4Q Demand -Report

TEHRAN -(Dow Jones)- Global oil producers will fail to meet rising oil demand in the fourth quarter, sparking oil price rises of up to around $60 a barrel, an Iranian oil analyst said Wednesday.
Mohammad-Ali Khatibi, director of the Tehran-based International Center for Energy Studies' OPEC research office, told the Pars news agency that OPEC and non-OPEC producers wouldn't be able to meet demand in the fourth quarter.

The official, from a center affiliated to the oil ministry, said current production of 85 million b/d would be surpassed by projected demand rises to 87 million b/d in the fourth quarter, leaving producing countries having to pump an extra two million b/d, which they won't be able to do.

Khatibi also said the lack of spare refining capacity in oil-consuming countries sparks more instability in global crude markets than the lack of spare production capacity by OPEC and non-OPEC producing countries.

To bring stability to the market, producers need around up to 4 million b/d in additional production capacity, due to increasing demand, he said.

"But the absence of refining capacity to cover any new production will intensify spiraling global oil prices," he said in response to the reasons underlying growing oil prices.

Khatibi said the rise in oil prices of up to $60/bbl is likely by the winter.

Whatever the decision by ministers of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries today, there will be no tangible drop in oil prices, he said.

-By Hashem Kalantari, Dow Jones Newswires, +9821 896 6230

Dow Jones Newswires 06-15-050721ETCopyright (C) 2005 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

For those of you that haven't heard of Peak Oil, I suggest reading these articles and sites below for starters.
Websites for PEAK OIL introduction:
www.yubanet.com/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi/8/15426
and
www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net
and here is a recent Associated press article:
http://home.peoplepc.com/psp/newsstory.asp?cat=news&referrer=welcome&id=20050528/4297ecc0_3421_1334520050528-950973917
Chat group dedicated to peak oil discussion:
www.peakoil.com

I suggest reading those sites above and maybe going to the chat discussion group at peakoil.com. Peak Oil is going to affect American, Delta, Northwest, Continental, Southwest, Jet Blue, Airtran, Comair, ASA, Express Jet, etc. are all going to be affected. It's gonna suck.

Jet

Last edited:
**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** I hate Oil.

It's 3:00 PM and oil prices just went to a RECORD $58.60/barrel.

We need to invest in alternative energy YESTERDAY!

I hope we can begin making transportation fuels from coal and natural gas SOON! This is going to be the only thing that is going to help in the short term(next 5years).

We need NUCLEAR, Wind, solar, hybrids, BIO-diesel, etc. and we need more of it now. I hope the investment dollars are going in to these things and quickly.

We need to pull every barrel possible from the Alaska Wildlife Refuge. Kill all the moose if we must! We need drill in the oceans of the East and West US coasts including off the coast of Florida. We are going to need every drop of oil we can get.

The Alaska Wildlife Refuge at its max is going to provide ONE million barrels per day. The US currently uses about 24 Million barrels per day. Its not a long term solution. Not a short term either. It will take 10 years to get the oil flowing if it is passed in Congress tomorrow. We will just need every drop we can get though.

The OIL CRISIS is just in its first days.

For those of you that haven't heard of Peak Oil, I suggest reading these articles and sites below for starters.
and
http://home.peoplepc.com/psp/newsstory.asp?cat=news&referrer=welcome&id=20050528/4297ecc0_3421_1334520050528-950973917
www.peakoil.com

Good luck world, (I used to say good luck Delta)

Jet

Last edited:
Jetflyer,

They key for airlines is to raise ticket prices to compensate for higher oil. Delta and others raised the fares by $10 each way yesterday, and it stuck. As long as we continue to do that, airlines should be ok. The problem will come in the September timeframe, when there is a passenger drop off. But, there is also a gasoline drop off too, since Summer driving season ends. Oil can stay high as long as fares cover the increase in costs.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
oh, great........

NWA hikes fares, then backs down
Friday June 17, 5:01 pm ET

Northwest Airlines Corp. has rescinded its latest fare increase, just one day after it started.

On Thursday, Northwest and three other airlines had boosted fares to $509 each way for walk-up coach fares, above the $499 one-way fare cap set by Delta Air Lines early this year. But Friday, Northwest backed down, returning the fares to $499, according to an e-mail bulletin from independent airline fares analyst Terry Trippler.

Eagan-based Northwest (NASDAQ: NWAC - News), Continental, United and America West Airlines had all added $10 to fares that had been capped to match Delta's $499 price. Delta followed suit, but only on flights for which it shares codes with other airlines. Code-sharing is used to allow passengers to more easily book flights on different carriers.

On other flights, Delta stuck to its $499 cap, which it put in place in January to attract more one-way business travelers.

On Friday, US Airways joined in on the fare increase, while Northwest and America West both rescinded theirs.

On June 9, Northwest increased many business fares by $50 each way, but dropped the fare hike three days later after American and Delta failed to match it.

Northwest and other Delta rivals have been trying to break through that cap, saying higher prices are needed to offset higher fuel costs.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I just made 15% on my investment with BR in a 1 month period.. What for a pullback and then loadup if you wanna be rich!!

General Lee said:
They key for airlines is to raise ticket prices to compensate for higher oil. Delta and others raised the fares by $10 each way yesterday, and it stuck.

On June 9, Northwest increased many business fares by $50 each way, but dropped the fare hike three days later after American and Delta failed to match it.

$10 is not enough, the $50 increase is what is needed, but not matched.

General,

I'm not worried about oil prices being too high for the airlines. Have you even read any of those sites I posted above. I don't think you have. You don't seem to get it.

Oil prices are going to be $100 a barrel within 2 years. Oil prices are going to be $200 a barrel within 5 years.

Can the ECONOMY, not just your great airline, handle this? I don't think so.

SIX of the last SEVEN recessions were accompanied by oil price spikes. We're about to see the MOTHER OF ALL PERMANENT OIL PRICE SPIKES, which has already begun. Oil production is about to PEAK and from then on the world will have to deal with LESS OIL EACH year.

Plus who's going to ride our planes when they don't have jobs from the recession?? That's going to be the problem.

Remember oil was in the 20's just a couple years ago. Oh, the good ole' days.

If you haven't read the sites that I keep posting, read them. Here they are again:

and
http://home.peoplepc.com/psp/newsst...50528-950973917
www.peakoil.com

Good luck world, (I used to say good luck Delta)

Jet

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back