• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

An oil crash???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How long before we see a rise of the people in China and the unions start to form over there. I think that is what happened in our industrial revolution.
Then when they are picketing their mangement, they will not be driving their cars and then the price of a barrel of crude will go down.

Maybe we should ship Duane Woerthless and Jimmy Hoffa over to Bejing to get them started then. LMAO

jetflyer said:
........Zero Point Energy.....

This article is mostly b.s.

Zero Point Energy may exist... may not... but nobody has a demonstrated reproducible method of extracting more than mere picowatts. Pure science fiction for the foreseeable future.

jetflyer said:
Oil Prices surpassed $67.00 today.

I'd say the article that began this thread, saying OIL prices would CRASH to the low $40s was wrong.

The article that began this thread also said oil prices would average around $44.00 next year. HMMMM. The futures market is predicting oil prices will be around $65.00 for the next five years.

I know for a fact the futures market is even wrong and that oil will be around $200/barrel within 5 years.

The laws of SUPPLY/DEMAND are going to prevail when the supply begins to diminish very quickly in the next 2-3 years.

Excess capacity is gone. The world is going to be using 2 million barrels per day more than it produces in the 4th quarter.

Oil prices might go up to $100.00 before this year ends and we're not even at PEAK YET. They will most definitely go above $75 atleast.

Peak Oil is going to go down in the history books as a great changing point for our world. Doesn't this suck? Why couldn't life just have been easy! :(

Jet

Hey Jet I hope everyone sees you for the phoney baloney that you are...There is no credible evidence to support the theory of Peak Oil, only from those that stand to benefit from the proliferation of ridiculous prices... What drives the high prices is this constant fear mongering from connected oil company cronies like Matt Simmons that we are running out of oil... If this theory were true oil companies would not be earning the obsene profits they are, as it is much more expensive to extract oil from declining fields.. I think most people are sick to death of hearing this garbage in every thread relating to high oil prices...

ChrisNNJ27 said:
Hey Jet I hope everyone sees you for the phoney baloney that you are...There is no credible evidence to support the theory of Peak Oil, only from those that stand to benefit from the proliferation of ridiculous prices... What drives the high prices is this constant fear mongering from connected oil company cronies like Matt Simmons that we are running out of oil... If this theory were true oil companies would not be earning the obsene profits they are, as it is much more expensive to extract oil from declining fields.. I think most people are sick to death of hearing this garbage in every thread relating to high oil prices...

I agree. I wish this guy would find some other site to circulate this chicken little junk. At least once a week he start some stupid peak oil thread. Let it die, please...

First Peak Oil is going to be reached in the next 2-3 years. It will probably be followed by a plateau of oil production till about 2011, then a slow steady decline in the production amount.

The Oil Depletion Analysis Center and the Association for the Study of Peak Oil and Gas both come up with around 2007-2008 as the date, by studying the depletions of the depleting countries and the increases in production from the growing oil production countries. They do this by studying ALL of the MEGA PROJECTS and announced projects which take 10 years to go from initial planning to actual production. They already know how much oil is going to be produced for the next ten years. They also considered the OIL SANDS, COAL, OIL SHALE, ADVANCED OIL EXTRACTION METHODS LIKE MULTI-LATERAL HORIZONTAL WELL TECHNOLOGIES, ETC. They've considered everything.

According to CHEVRON at their www.willyoujoinus.com website:
33 of the 48 major oil producing countries are in IRREVERSIBLE DECLINE in their oil production. HENCE 33 of the major oil producing countries have REACHED PEAK OIL like the United States did in 1970.

THESE FACTS ARE UNDENIABLE AND SCARY.

All of the major oil producing companies of the U.S. are also in DECLINE.

DENIAL IS NORMAL, BUT OUR WORLD IS CHANGING. People like Matthew Simmons, Colin Campbell, and myself are scared we're not prepared. We're trying to get the word out so alternatives begin quickly. High oil prices are actually good for us. Alternatives will start to be developed more quickly.

The ONLY reason oil prices have stayed so low since around 1980 is because there HAS ALWAYS BEEN an excess amount of oil for the world, and if the price began to go up the countries would pump more oil so that people wouldn't switch to alternatives.
The spare capacity has historically been around 5 million barrels a day. We currently have 1 million barrels per day SPARE. In the 4th QUARTER OF 2005, we're supposed to be NEGATIVE TWO MILLION barrels per day spare capacity.

In the 4th quarter of this year oil DEMAND was projected to be 86 million barrels per day, but OIL PRODUCTION is only supposed to be 84 million barrels per day. OOPS 1 million barrels per day just got wiped out in the Gulf of Mexico, so that makes 83 million per day for now. Let's hope they get those rigs pumping oil soon or else we're going to see the crude inventories severely depleted. The same is happening for natural gas.

Peak Oil is NOT A DOOMS DAY SCENARIO. It only means we'll have to live with less oil every year. It's just going to get more expensive that's all. We'll just have to use other sources of energy.

This transition SHOULD have been initiated 20 years ago and it would have been a smooth transition. I pray the transition, since we've waited so long, won't be too chaotic.

Making coal into liquids will be the first thing we'll do, which is supposed to be many years away from producing even a million barrels a day. Bio-fuels are also about a decade away from producing about a million barrels a day.

We have a lot of work to do.

I personally think wars will occur for oil before things will get too bad. If we win the wars we'll have the oil. If we lose well we'll have to live with a lot less oil and all the doomsday scenarios might just be a possibility. We have to support Bush and co. whether we want to or not. They have a plan, I just wish it would have been with oil alternatives instead of Iraq, Iran, Venezuela(our third largest producer), etc.

Jet

Last edited:
jetflyer said:
First Peak Oil is going to be reached in the next 2-3 years. It will probably be followed by a plateau of oil production till about 2011, then a slow steady decline in the production amount.

The Oil Depletion Analysis Center and the Association for the Study of Peak Oil and Gas both come up with around 2007-2008 as the date, by studying the depletions of the depleting countries and the increases in production from the growing oil production countries. They do this by studying ALL of the MEGA PROJECTS and announced projects which take 10 years to go from beginning to end. They already know how much oil is going to be produced for the next ten years.

According to CHEVRON at their www.willyoujoinus.com website:
33 of the 48 major oil producing countries are in IRREVERSIBLE DECLINE in their oil production. HENCE 33 of the major oil producing countries have REACHED PEAK OIL like the United States did in 1970.

THESE FACTS ARE UNDENIABLE AND SCARY.

All of the major oil producing companies of the U.S. are also in DECLINE.

DENIAL IS NORMAL, BUT OUR WORLD IS CHANGING. People like Matthew Simmons, Colin Campbell, and myself are scared we're not prepared. We're trying to get the word out so alternatives begin quickly. High oil prices are actually good for us. Alternatives will start to be developed more quickly.

The ONLY reason oil prices have stayed so low since around 1980 is because there HAS ALWAYS BEEN an excess amount of oil for the world, and if the price began to go up the countries would pump more oil so that people wouldn't switch to alternatives.
The spare capacity has historically been around 5 million barrels a day. We currently have 1 million barrels per day SPARE. In the 4th QUARTER OF 2005, we're supposed to be NEGATIVE TWO MILLION barrels per day spare capacity.

In the 4th quarter of this year oil DEMAND was projected to be 86 million barrels per day, but OIL PRODUCTION is only supposed to be 84 million barrels per day. OOPS 1 million barrels per day just got wiped out in the Gulf of Mexico, so that makes 83 million per day for now. Let's hope they get those rigs pumping oil soon or else we're going to see the crude inventories severely depleted. The same is happening for natural gas.

Peak Oil is NOT A DOOMS DAY SCENARIO. It only means we'll have to live with less oil every year. It's just going to get more expensive that's all. We'll just have to use other sources of energy.

This transition SHOULD have been initiated 20 years ago and it would have been a smooth transition. I pray the transition, since we've waited so long, won't be too chaotic.

Making coal into liquids will be the first thing we'll do, which is supposed to be many years away from producing even a million barrels a day. Bio-fuels are also about a decade away from producing about a million barrels a day.

We have a lot of work to do.

Jet

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.... PEAK OIL.... blah, blah, blah.... the sky is falling ... blah, blah, blah....

:rolleyes:

I edited to add this:
I personally think wars will occur for oil before things will get too bad. If we win the wars we'll have the oil. If we lose well we'll have to live with a lot less oil and all the doomsday scenarios might just be a possibility. We have to support Bush and co. whether we want to or not. They have a plan, I just wish it would have been with oil alternatives instead of Iraq, Iran, Venezuela(our third largest producer), etc.

If we win the wars, no sky will fall, we'll dominate the oil reserves of the world :) We just have to win. I'll go fight if I lose my job as a pilot, to help America and so my family won't be eaten by cannibals from DOOMSDAY, and THE SKY FALLING!! :)

Jet

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back