AMR Proposal Highlights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is the pay that bad? What am I missing?

Currently AA does not have any aircraft on property that would be classified as group I or II... So this just puts a rate in place if they get some. They have Airbus aircraft on order, and any 319's would be group II.

It appears that there is no pay reduction for any aircraft currently on the property. (Granted, there are losses in other areas - but does anyone really think the pilots could get through the BK process without any losses?)

Group I CA would pay 119/hr top of scale. Group II CA would pay 139 TOS... That's still better than what US Air or United pays...

The pay rates you quote are a Fu*%king joke! That's what you're missing.

Mathematics can figure out if pilot productivity goes from 65 hours a month to 85 hours a month, that a large percentage of pilots would not be required to staff the block hours. Also blocking aircraft together in the same pay rate reduces the amount of pilots transitioning between aircraft. As well if a percentage of flying gets contracted out that was once flown at mainline that the pilot work force will be reduced. All of these are very sensitive subjects to every pilot here. Please continue to use professionalism in regards to your fellow pilots that are affected. Thanks.

It may be better to end the company than to let the 88 seater get into the hands of the teenagers...just sayin.

+1!!!!!

No doubt that some of those young ones that can't see beyond next week are frothing at the mouth to fly E-175's for AE/AX.

Tell me exactly how many pilots have ever been furloughed after implementing PBS.

PBS works based on the contracted work rules. It makes scheduling easier for both sides, but it cannot jam time on anyone's line in actual practice. The machine will bog down and be unable to find adequate solutions if you try to over-optimize.

Concentrate on work rules and PBS will take care of itself.

I agree with what you've stated here. PBS is will not, in and of itself, reduce headcount much. However, PBS is not cheap, and the company will not spend the money to implement it if they don't gain some efficiencies from it. Reserves required will definitely be reduced.

+1!!!!!

No doubt that some of those young ones that can't see beyond next week are frothing at the mouth to fly E-175's for AE/AX.

What color is the sky in your world ? The flying is only outsourced if the Mainline carriers allow it.

It should be one seniority list per airline.

Latest resources

Back