• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR Corporation Plans to Divest American Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What other airline out there has the cabbage to buy Eagle besides OO???
Another question might be: Who would want it, with its high costs and other demerits? It doesn't uniquely or exclusively serve any geographic region. The only argument in favor would be the quick acquisition of aircraft and pilots.

Letter from Eagle President to employees stated Eagle will still operate as AA regional for several years. My guess is a IPO spinoff as stated in a earlier message.

A company from Iceland who bought a significant amount of AA stock a year ago wants a return on their investment. They are the ones who pushed AA to sell Eagle or the frequent flier program.

Last edited:
Letter from Eagle President to employees stated Eagle will still operate as AA regional for several years. My guess is a IPO spinoff as stated in a earlier message.

A company from Iceland who bought a significant amount of AA stock a year ago wants a return on their investment. They are the ones who pushed AA to sell Eagle or the frequent flier program.

Thus begins the spiral suffered by XJT.

Another question might be: Who would want it, with its high costs and other demerits? It doesn't uniquely or exclusively serve any geographic region. The only argument in favor would be the quick acquisition of aircraft and pilots.

and perhaps with it a guaranteed feed contract to AA worth lots of cash...........

Eagle pilots should take a good look at XJT, because that is what Eagle is going to be in about 2 years. American is going to IPO Eagle, then stick it with some BS contract that limits it's ability to compete. Then in about 2 years AA is going go "give" another cheaper operator about 70 of Eagles airplanes to fly. The new service is going to suck compared to Eagle, but who cares, its "cheaper." I have seen this happen first hand.

Eagle pilots should take a good look at XJT, because that is what Eagle is going to be in about 2 years. American is going to IPO Eagle, then stick it with some BS contract that limits it's ability to compete. Then in about 2 years AA is going go "give" another cheaper operator about 70 of Eagles airplanes to fly. The new service is going to suck compared to Eagle, but who cares, its "cheaper." I have seen this happen first hand.
You couldn't be more right if you were at the corporate controls orchestrating the whole exploit yourself.

This is exactly what they would like to do. However with the current pilot trends there is not a place out there that will be able to come up with the crews to staff 70 aircraft. The regionals cant even staff what they have right now.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back