• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR Corporation Plans to Divest American Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I won't say I told you so. It may or may not be a bad deal for eagle people. What happens to the eagle contract? Is there a successorship clause? The problem is you're stuck with rj's that are just too small, and will be phased out due to increasing slot limitations and economics. APA has a strong lock on the scope clause (larger aircraft can't be flown simply by contracting out the flying). They have some real union leadership running the show now that would just as soon burn the place down than give away scope. What was that proverb about living in interesting times?
Much better post from you then I would have expected. Espically since you could of yelled I told you so.
Could be good for us, could be very bad for us. Only time will tell, I do not think that I will be sticking around to find out.

I heard this rumor a month ago. EMB170s out of DFW for OO after AMR restructures Eagle. I hope not. I hope the SWA one is true. Gotta be a reason they want us to vote on the yet to be announced pay package before years end.

Originally Posted by SkyNation
I heard this rumor a month ago. EMB170s out of DFW for OO after AMR restructures Eagle. I hope not. I hope the SWA one is true. Gotta be a reason they want us to vote on the yet to be announced pay package before years end.

What happens if the majority vote no on what they offer? Do they offer something else?

I'm beginning to wonder in the SkyWest/Eagle and SkyWest/SWA rumours got mixed together and the SWA deal might involve E170's instead on CRJ's. Would kinda alleviate that whole "Big Plane, Little Plane" campaign in the eyes of the consumer. Average pax sees engines on the wings and all is ok...LOL!

I haven't heard any eagle rumors around OO either. The hot rumor here is 100 CRJ 1000's for Southwest over the next 3-4 years. No scope at Southwest and I have talked to Southwest pilots who say they also have heard a codeshare with a regional partner. Probably will be announced next year sometime. Remember this is all just a rumor!

The sad thing is the guys that are absolutely giddy over the prospect of SW code sharing. All that means is less mainline jobs for you.

It's all about keeping the one upgrade at SKY though, that's all they care about b/c it's cool and chicks dig it.

deleted

Last edited:
CFIT said:
The Southwest thing is not a rumor

Since there hasn't been an announcement, wouldn't it by definition be a rumor???

SKW guys today sure are sounding like XJT guys of a year or two ago...

they actually sound excited to take that flying from Southwest......wow....amazing....what can you do but laugh? Southwest curtails it growth and more RJs out there....I hope the SWA pilots do not let this bs happen. Enjoy those RJs for the rest of your career....because only a few are going to get lottery numbers at mainline carriers....I see thousands of gray haired regional pilots in SKW future :)

I liked Eagle, but glad I left..I wish them the best of luck!

amen Tarzan!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back