Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
justApilot said:
Jetexas...
A couple points. One...Eagle exists as an exemption of scope. And Two... the flow up and back is a two way street my friend. The point of who flies those jets is a negotiation between APA and AMR (scope).

Steveg...no arrogance here my friend. I busted my ass for years to get to where I am and I haven't forgotten where I have come from. Pilots fly the plane and managements job is to fill them and make a profit. I am just a bit curious how the pilots at AA are responsible for the current financial situation. Carty and his buddies in the ivory towers have made many poor decisions ie: stock buyback, Canadian Airlines, Reno, more room through coach, TWA and his latest and last F UP....take from the employees and setup trust funds for upper management and the board.

:eek: :eek:

Eagle exists as an exemption of scope?? Really?
That why you APA pukes try to play with AE contract and change things on it? The APA and Management is kinda scared Now Because of Letter 3. I really wish they implement letter 3 and throw that New TA down the toilet with the rest of the APA
scAAbs.
You guys are worthless

PacoPollo said:
:eek: :eek:

Eagle exists as an exemption of scope?? Really?
That why you APA pukes try to play with AE contract and change things on it? The APA and Management is kinda scared Now Because of Letter 3. I really wish they implement letter 3 and throw that New TA down the toilet with the rest of the APA
scAAbs.
You guys are worthless

Do you have any clue what will happen to you if the scope changes in the new TA revert back to a strict interpretation of Supp W (letter 3 to you)? If you do, please respond.

Yes I do have a clue.
It cant get any worse than is right now pal.
Furlough protection for ALL Eagle pilots as a result of flowbacks
Wouldnt mine staying home while getting paid.
So dont try to scare AE pilots pal.

PacoPollo said:
Yes I do have a clue.
It cant get any worse than is right now pal.
Furlough protection for ALL Eagle pilots as a result of flowbacks
Wouldnt mine staying home while getting paid.
So dont try to scare AE pilots pal.

Hey Pal! What d'ya mean it can't get any worse, Pal. Did you happen to notice that most of the AA pilots had furlough protections until about 3 weeks ago. There are close to 400 potential flowbacks to Eagle if the previous permutation of Supp W/Letter 3 is enforced and there would be no growth at eagle due to the ASM cap. Executive gets sold to free up some ASMs and new RJ's go to American Connection.

Do you really think that AMR would honor your no furlough clause because it's in writing. Or would they do what they have to do right now and deal with an arbitrator's decision in three years.

So don't try to scare AA pilots, Pal.

80drvr said:
Actually, I have applied to SWA and JBLU. If this ship sinks and I start over at another airline, I know exactly which part of the list I'll be on.

Of course. If you quit your airline and go someplace you start at the bottom. If your airline fails and you go someplace else you start at the bottom. Neither happened to TWA. What might've happened is a different topic. Technically AA "hired" me in April 2001 but I never quit TWA nor did it go out of business. (As we all know, Chap 11 is not the same at Chap 7 which is going out of business.) I simply kept going to work and the name on my paystub changed. I also wasn't on probation, hence I was not a new-hire. My seniority date changed to 2001 but my hire date remained 1999.

This is a tough industry that uses the Seniority system rather than a Merit system for advancement. Most of the flying public may say "tisk, tisk" about a 1988-hire ex-TWA captain being furloughed while a 1999 AA hire stays but all they care about is the ticket price.

Keep in mind that without so many ex-TWA guys at the bottom it's very likely that "native" AA'ers would've been furloughed in much greater numbers than apparently will occur. This differs from Air-Cal and Reno in that most of the TWA planes are being kept or replaced while most of the pilots are furloughed. Native AA'ers will soon be flying ex-TWA metal en masse, albeit through displacement.

What's the point of all this? The expression "career expectations" is purely rhetorical and meaningless. It's nothing more than a biased personal opinion. The APA stapled approx. 60% of the ex-TWA pilots because they could and because they felt to staple more wouldn't stand up in court. "Fairness" isn't an issue. I'm not going to whine about the Integration, but I object to those trying to justify it. It was just business and I don't take it personally. Unfortunately many are taking it personally and all they'll end up with higher blood pressure and nothing of benefit.

Last edited:
I'm going to have to agree with the AA guys on this one.TWA was a unusual case but just because you are bought should not make you a yr.1 employee.APA must be crap even ALPA does not do this.Us Air & Piedmont,Western & Delta and others,they lost some things but they didn't go to bottom.Lets say JB gets bought by Southwest(and I'm no fan of JB) but they shouldn't go to bottom.I'm sure these post would be alot different if it was someone else.Although it could work out in managements favor,just buy another company and make everyone a new hire.It would sure save on payroll.

80drvr said:
Hey Pal! What d'ya mean it can't get any worse, Pal. Did you happen to notice that most of the AA pilots had furlough protections until about 3 weeks ago. There are close to 400 potential flowbacks to Eagle if the previous permutation of Supp W/Letter 3 is enforced and there would be no growth at eagle due to the ASM cap. Executive gets sold to free up some ASMs and new RJ's go to American Connection.

Do you really think that AMR would honor your no furlough clause because it's in writing. Or would they do what they have to do right now and deal with an arbitrator's decision in three years.

So don't try to scare AA pilots, Pal.

80drvr,

You obviously are clueless about APA's situation. APA has already ratified the TA. It is not a choice between the TA or Supplement w/Letter 3. The TA is now ratified contractual language and APA only has the ability to change one item in exchange for something of equal value. Guess what? Your clip only has one bullet left. There is no going back to the ASM cap unless you want to exchange it for something of equal value. Same thing for the changes in scope.

Under pressure you shot your load for protection of your A and B fund. You really think that Darrah is going to ask the rank and file at APA to give up even more to secure jobs at Eagle for their junior pilots? Get real! APA eats there young. They are the inventors of B scale. It is all about securing retirement for the pilots, not securing a job for their young.

If APA wants to change their contractual language and flow back 400-500 furloughs into EMJ Captain positions at Eagle, I encourage it. This will still be better for Eagle pilots than to magically give all AA furloughs (2400 or more pilots) recall rights to the CJ Captain positions at Eagle. The company does not want to spend another dime on this mess either. APA's estimate for the training costs would be only 10 million. The company will have a very different number for the actual domino training costs at Eagle.

There will be no 3 year arbitration results with Supp W/ Letter 3. It has it's own mandated expedited arbitration process.

The Allied Pinheads Association stepped on their d*cks again on this one.

Last edited:
Intruder....
Any comments on the following Delta and PanAm, Northwest and Republic, Southwest and Morris?

Cleared Direct said:
80drvr,

You obviously are clueless about APA's situation. APA has already ratified the TA. It is not a choice between the TA or Supplement w/Letter 3. The TA is now ratified contractual language and APA only has the ability to change one item in exchange for something of equal value. Guess what? Your clip only has one bullet left. There is no going back to the ASM cap unless you want to exchange it for something of equal value. Same thing for the changes in scope.

Under pressure you shot your load for protection of your A and B fund. You really think that Darrah is going to ask the rank and file at APA to give up even more to secure jobs at Eagle for their junior pilots? Get real! APA eats there young. They are the inventors of B scale. It is all about securing retirement for the pilots, not securing a job for their young.

If APA wants to change their contractual language and flow back 400-500 furloughs into EMJ Captain positions at Eagle, I encourage it. This will still be better for Eagle pilots than to magically give all AA furloughs (2400 or more pilots) recall rights to the CJ Captain positions at Eagle. The company does not want to spend another dime on this mess either. APA's estimate for the training costs would be only 10 million. The company will have a very different number for the actual domino training costs at Eagle.

There will be no 3 year arbitration results with Supp W/ Letter 3. It has it's own mandated expedited arbitration process.

The Allied Pinheads Association stepped on their d*cks again on this one.

I am far from cluesless about the APA's situation and don't need an education from you explaining the history of this miserable contract. I doubt you'd like a history lesson from me on your 16yr jewel.

I rather doubt that scope and flowthrough would ever snap back to the verbage of the last contract; but, that seems to be the desire of several from the eagle side of the house.

Why do you think AMR didn't engage Eagle ALPA in negotiations ? I am genuinely curious. Especially since AMR was really dictating, not "negotiating" with it's unions.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back