American Master Re-Bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bike100k

Does anyone know the specifics of the AA rebid that is scheduled. I am mostly interested to what DOH will the furloughs go to on the AA side.

Thanks

The most junior furlough protected class is the first class of April 99. This in no means that furloughs will go this deep. What exactly do you want to know about the bid? The prelim bid was done the other day, results on the 19th. The real bid is sometime at the end of the month. The program is a smart program it figures out what your seniority will ultimately hold as the furloughs continue, saving the company millions in training costs and reducing the number of displacements each pilot would have down to just 1.

The DOH for TWA is 1989. Captains are being furloughed that were flying when AA new hires were still in grade school.

There is no national senority system. You roll the dice....AA hires you,go to AA...CAL hires you, go there. Tway hires you, go to Tway. If you don't like your current situation apply somewhere else. Don't think that just because AA bought Tway that you have some sort of super senority over those that were hired here. That is silly. You get hired by AA and you get a senority number. If AA is buys someone or is bought by someone else, oh well that's the way the ball bounces. Senority does not transfer. Everyone likes to talk about the Tway guys with DOH 89....Yeah so what, you were hired at TWA! The writting was on the wall for years. There are many that took a gamble to leave TWA for greener pastures and then there are some that stayed for whatever reason. Get on with your lives and stop the whining.

There was a REALLY REALLY good chance that ALL of the TWay pilots would have been on the street had AA not bought TWA. And 9-11 would have sealed their fate. Hopefully AA can get it's act together and all or most of the TWay guys can get back on line at AA. It looks like most of them will eventually fly again, and with a good carrier. Let's hope everything gets better in this industry---the economy seems to be going up anyways.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes: ;)

let me guess you were hire Early 2001. And your telling me a Captain with over 15 years seniority AT A MAJOR AIRLINE should hit the street over some 22 year old that got hire April 9 2001?

Let's get something straight Holden. First, I was hired in the April of '99. Second, I was hired by AA. Third, at the time I was 30 years old. And to answer your question.... YES! This arguement has nothing to do with a 15 year captain and a 22 year old new hire. It has to do with someone being hired at AA and someone being hired at TWA. Just because you were hired at either one of these places does not mean that one is more qualified than the other. It has to do with where you were HIRED. If AA didn't think that I was qualified when they hired me than why was I hired. Just because someone is a 15 year Captain or a new hire means nothing. In case this needs further explanation please don't hesitate to PM me and maybe I can explain myself better.

Latest resources

Back