• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Master Re-Bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The irony...On one thread the APA gets dissed for putting TWAers towards the bottom of the seniority list and vulnerable to furloughs. On another thread the APA gets dissed for securing positions for these furloughed pilots on 70 (!!) seat RJs - albeit at the expense of young Eagle FOs. The APA's vision at least makes sense, unlike this boards consensus.

holdon said:
let me guess you were hire Early 2001. And your telling me a Captain with over 15 years seniority AT A MAJOR AIRLINE should hit the street over some 22 year old that got hire April 9 2001?

The average age of the AA new hires at the time was 35. About 60 percent were military and the rest did their time at other majors, regionals and corporate outfits.

Your assertion that AA new hires were 22 year olds fresh out of flying school may be convenient for your chest thumping, but it is simply untrue.

The apa suggested that TWA pilots had no career expectations because of the Bankruptcy. Now that aa has one foot in bankruptcy I wonder if all you frikking hypocrites are now sending out your aps to protect your career expectations! According to your logic you should be bailing out by the truckload heading to SWA.

Integration of senoirity lists has ALWAYS favored the group who was employed by the dominant carrier at the time. Just ask the former Republic pilots now at NWA, and so on and so on. The AA/TWA situation is nothing but a repeat of things that have happened in past.

pylut said:
The apa suggested that TWA pilots had no career expectations because of the Bankruptcy. Now that aa has one foot in bankruptcy I wonder if all you frikking hypocrites are now sending out your aps to protect your career expectations! According to your logic you should be bailing out by the truckload heading to SWA.

Actually, I have applied to SWA and JBLU. If this ship sinks and I start over at another airline, I know exactly which part of the list I'll be on.

It's pointless trying to argue with AA pilots. They truly do not realize how incredibly arrogant they are. It's going to be interesting watching how they handle the present downturn. Will they continue to feel that the aviation world owes them because they went to work for AA? Or will they begin to realize the tenuous nature of the business and come to realize that you have to treat others with respect? I would love to see AA get bought by someone else and see how the APA handles it, especially since AA is in such bad shape. AA pilots insist that the present state of the airline is all Mgmt's fault. Who here believes they are at least in part responsilbe for their own downfall? I know I do.

"There is no national senority system. You roll the dice....AA hires you,go to AA...CAL hires you, go there. Tway hires you, go to Tway. If you don't like your current situation apply somewhere else."

..Then why is the APA attempting to take all future growth from Eagle pilots, in the form of the CRJ's and future 50+ seat captain seats? Eagle pilots applied to and got hired at Eagle. AA pilots applied to and got hired at AA.

Jetexas...
A couple points. One...Eagle exists as an exemption of scope. And Two... the flow up and back is a two way street my friend. The point of who flies those jets is a negotiation between APA and AMR (scope).

Steveg...no arrogance here my friend. I busted my ass for years to get to where I am and I haven't forgotten where I have come from. Pilots fly the plane and managements job is to fill them and make a profit. I am just a bit curious how the pilots at AA are responsible for the current financial situation. Carty and his buddies in the ivory towers have made many poor decisions ie: stock buyback, Canadian Airlines, Reno, more room through coach, TWA and his latest and last F UP....take from the employees and setup trust funds for upper management and the board.

Pylut...
I have a backup that will always be there if the ship sinks. One difference between the AA situation and that of TWA in the past is .....ICAHN.

Latest resources

Back