American Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyboyz

Ok got the call. Going to interview with American Eagle next week. What are your thoughts. Good company, bad company. Let me know.

There were a few good threads recently on this very subject. It all boils down to what you individually want. Looking at your profile I don't think you need experience. Contrary to what you hear, there are some good things about working for Eagle. Good luck with your decision.

tk

Eagle was a great place to work, but I left there after 6 years to be home more and a quicker upgrade. I dont see less then a 6 year upgrade unless they get more airplanes and AA recalls all there pilots.

When 1/3 of your captains are furloughed AA, and they are all forced back into AA or accept life as an FO for Eagle, I'd say the minute AA starts recalling, things are pretty rosy. As to when they'll recall, no one can say for certain.

If i would of stayed at Eagle last winter, I would be close to Saab CA most likley at my 6.5 year mark. but I would have been about 400 numbers to jet CA. If AA let 25 flowbacks go back to AA a month It would take 3 years (my 9.5 year mark). A newhire going in at #3000, and Jet CA at #1200 you are lookin at a long time unless atrition speeds up.

Go to Eagle and see if any better offers pop up!

amcnd said:
If i would of stayed at Eagle last winter, I would be close to Saab CA most likley at my 6.5 year mark. but I would have been about 400 numbers to jet CA. If AA let 25 flowbacks go back to AA a month It would take 3 years (my 9.5 year mark)

Your math is all messed up. That's 300 numbers a year not including retirements and resignations.

You can't look at the list and say you're this many away. There are a lot of jet FOs waiting to upgrade on the jet who wouldn't upgrade on the prop or are waiting until they could hold a line/base.

Let's see. Bitter workforce. Ultra slow upgrade. AA flowbacks in a large chunk of Capt positions. No more new aircraft. Contract that doesn't come up for renewal until 2013. No hope of flowing up to mainline. Scoped out of any more 70 seat aircraft or larger aircraft. Crummy pay. High FO attrition rate. Ah, I guess that's enough.

Latest resources

Back