American Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Draginass said:
Let's see. Bitter workforce. Ultra slow upgrade. AA flowbacks in a large chunk of Capt positions. No more new aircraft. Contract that doesn't come up for renewal until 2013. No hope of flowing up to mainline. Scoped out of any more 70 seat aircraft or larger aircraft. Crummy pay. High FO attrition rate. Ah, I guess that's enough.

....at least AMR isnt going T U yet....:D

Hmm. I also have an interview with AE in a couple of weeks. Quite terrified. What types of questions are on their written test? Perhaps someone has some intel. Thanks,

CY

Do you know what a sky pointer is??? They will put you on an old 707 sim . Man I used to work ramp at Eagle, ORD is a F**** bottleneck but other than that I agree with Labatts the second something good happens at AA ,Eagle is going to be the place to be as well as the place alot of guys wish they would have stuck with....my rec dont be afraid of props (quicker upgrade) but hell a second year fo makes $$ thats alot better than some of the other bottom feeders...

You should always choose your airline by who has the best paint job, since eagle has one of the ugliest, I'd say go somewhere else.

Cuban B. said:
Hmm. I also have an interview with AE in a couple of weeks. Quite terrified. What types of questions are on their written test? Perhaps someone has some intel. Thanks,

CY

Try http://www.aviationinterviews.com/ The gouge is very accurate. The questions on the test are directly from the ATP written.

They no longer use the 707 sim. You'll most likely be in the Saab 340B. It's a level C sim and as long as you use the trim properly, you won't find it too hard to control. The PNF will do everything (well, almost) for you as long as you ask him to. i.e., you don't have to know how to fly a Saab, just have good instrument skills and remember you're not single pilot.

Good luck!

Draginass said:
Let's see. Bitter workforce. Ultra slow upgrade. AA flowbacks in a large chunk of Capt positions. No more new aircraft. Contract that doesn't come up for renewal until 2013. No hope of flowing up to mainline. Scoped out of any more 70 seat aircraft or larger aircraft. Crummy pay. High FO attrition rate. Ah, I guess that's enough.

Nothing better to do than patrol the regional boards Dragin??????

BEXFlyer said:
Nothing better to do than patrol the regional boards Dragin??????

His argument is the same every time. Anybody else notice the lack of perspective from some of the contributors to this site? Believe it or not, Eagle is a step up from many of the civilian flying jobs that are out there.

Dragin, news flash, these guys asking for advice on regional airlines aren't O-3's with a wad of time in a KC-135. More likely they've been driving something that burns 100LL and are making less money than they could at Mickey D's.

To the original poster, do your homework and prepare for your interview. If you get the offer, take it. Research this industry and figure out what you want out of your first 121 job... upgrade time, domicile, pay... etc. Keep your options open and if something that more closely fits your needs comes along then you have a new decision to make.

good luck!!

Eagle was a good company and great training... but I left after 6 years to not only be closer to my family, but a better job offer.I think things will turn around there,but it will be slow a 2-3 year after AA starts recalling. The interview was easy compaired to others..( that was over 6 years ago) Good luck!

Just for my info, say I get the F word in a few weeks and apply to AE, interview in late OCT and get a class for Nov, are there any AE guys out there that can tell me my chances of getting LGA.

Basically what are my chances of LGA and how is it in terms of line holding for FOs? Also what is the reserve call out in LGA.

Thanks

Latest resources

Back