Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
T-prop said:
Surely, you can't be serious.

I am serious, I got so screwed up and confused by that dang sky pointer when I first used one. Even today my natural tendency is to think that I'm banking in the wrong direction when I first look at it. I guess it just what we are all used to. I like the attitued indicators on G/A planes better where the bank indicator actually points in the direction you are banking.

AA717driver said:
The FB's will be the first called back. The FT's can only be given a job at AA when a "newhire" class is available. That will happen after all the furloughees have either bypassed or accepted recall.

Plus, no one knows what will happen when Sup. W expires. Except that it won't be renewed...

Dont forget there are allot of TWA flowbacks that will get called back last!! I would say if AA recalled 900 pilots less then 100 would be flowbacks from eagle.

Cuban B. said:
First, thanks to all for the advice. Now to open can o' worms. But perhaps not. Takeoff mins depend on the Ops Specs of the carrier and an alternate is required within an hour if conditions are below mins for an approach at the takeoff airport? Perhaps someone could explain that a little bit more for someone coming from the underworld of part 91? I have read in the gouges that that is something I will be required to know. Much obliged.

CY

looking at two DIFFERENT things. think of it like this.

the a/c needs to be DISPATCHED (ie signed off, a paper shuffle). in order for this the PAPERWORK needs to be in order, ie:
- alternates must be listed: T/O if at the forecasted take off time the clg/vis are below the approach minimums for the APPLICABLE runway. Ldg due to the usual 1-2-3 rule at the forcasted landing time. Second alternates, etc will be company ops spec specific and you shouldn't need to know this for the interview (you will learn about FAA Exemption 3585 in ground school). what makes an alternate legal to be listed (ie correct PAPERWORK)? this is the ole 91 600-2 and 800-2. the carriers do not use this but instead usually use the big/small airport rule (aka one nav/two nav etc) which will be taught in ground school (a favorite indoc question or two will be these derived alternate minimums).

just think of the ATP question regarding what is needed on a release to make it legal. due to this the alternate listing requirements are strictly for a PAPERWORK purpose.

then the a/c needs to be legal to ACTUALLY takeoff and land. these are the minimums listed on the jepps. the takeoff mins are what is needed for you to actually lift off the ground. read them simply off of the jepp airport diagram page. these mins are affected by lights, terrain, weather. basically start with standard mins and work backwards. the more lights and fancy items the runway has (RVR, RCLM, etc etc) the lower these t/o mins can go. 6-6-6 is bottom of the line. just read the plate for any "tricks" (ie what if the rollout RVR is missing) they might throw at you.

landing mins are no different. straight from the plate and are affected by lights, terrain, weather, etc. just remember the FAF on an ILS on a Jepp is the tip of the arrow feather on GS. visibility is the controlling factor (another favorite interview question). if you're legal before tip, but after vis goes down you are still legal.

hope this helps.

The FB's will be the first called back. The FT's can only be given a job at AA when a "newhire" class is available. That will happen after all the furloughees have either bypassed or accepted recall.

Plus, no one knows what will happen when Sup. W expires. Except that it won't be renewed...

On the recall outlook at AA: Even though AA is operating with razor-thin (or less) staffing, the union knows the company will come at them with pref bidding and other productivity enhancements. APA has vowed no change to work rules that would generate more furloughs. That does nothing for those on the street or in AE cockpits.

Hopefully everything at AA will turn around and help all of us.TC

TC, that is not case. The pilots at AE with the FT and AA # have higher seniority # at AA than some of the AA furloughs. Otherwise "every single AE pilot affected by this should file a grivience" and let abritrator decided. YOu right, no one knows what will happen when FT expires.

RJET said:
TC, that is not case. The pilots at AE with the FT and AA # have higher seniority # at AA than some of the AA furloughs. Otherwise "every single AE pilot affected by this should file a grivience" and let abritrator decided. YOu right, no one knows what will happen when FT expires.

Actually TC is right. This has already been addressed. FT guys with AA numbers will not go to AA until all pilots have been recalled (if at all).

This has already come up...for awhile just prior to 9/11 there were many pilots working at AA that were junior to a bunch of Eagle FT guys (many had 2 years of AA seniority). This was the time of the TWA integration. These pilots were held back at Eagle as TWA pilots were not counted as new hires (no 50% of each class). Once the furloughs began there were many AE pilots senior to the most junior AA pilots that were still working.

Anyone who thinks the AE FT guys are going to AA in there AA seniority order is smoking something strong.

later

Latest resources

Back