Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Makes me sick to my stomach every time I see the pictures

Moonfly201 said:
Crowbar .... great post. America needs to be reminded about who started this fight.

Thanks,
I'd like to see the TV news show that everyday at the beginning of the 6 o'clock news every night, and some of the pictures that were never shown to most of the public, maybe than some of the muslim loving americans would change their minds about their muslim friends.

Last edited:
jarhead said:
As touching and tragic as that video is, it has nothing to do with the war going on in Iraq as I write this. That attack (9-11) was done by Al-Queda, with the support of the Taliban government of Afghanistan. One can fully appreciate and justify that war on terror. Sadam's Iraq was a different monster. The American government is now trying to shift the mistake it made in attacking Iraq over WMD, to a new mission of freeing an oppressed people in Iraq. That mission is a mis-directed folly, which is siphoning resources away from killing Al-Queda, to a mission of forcing a democracy down the throat of a people who don't want it, and are rising up in opposition to an occupying military force.

Anyone who denies that Saddam Hussein was/is a terrorist is mistaken.

Sadaam was/is an evil person. As it turns out, we are becoming more hated that he was among his own populace. Why do Americans need to die in Iraq, fighting the people we were going to 'liberate'? I get it in Afghanistan, but I can't sign off on this waste of treasure and American lives in Iraq.

crowbar said:
Thanks,
I'd like to see the TV news show that everyday at the beginning of the 6 o'clock news every night, and some of the pictures that were never shown to most of the public, maybe than some of the muslim loving americans would change their minds about their muslim friends.

And maybe some of the America hating liberals would realize why we are taking this war to the middle-east.

Moonfly201 said:
...America hating liberals...
You're right about liberals hating America. Look at John Glenn. He hated this country so much that he joined the Marine Corps to fly F-8's. But that wasn;t enough for him. No. His hatred for the U.S. was so great that he volunteered for Project Mercury, too. He allowed himself to be strapped to an unproven rocket and blasted into orbit, scoring a public relations victory that our nation never really recovered from.

He ought to be ashamed of himself, the un-American pig...

Yup, liberals hate America.

(Can we be done with this silly, tired idea?)

Do you really belive that drivel? That ones political views brand them as hating America when they don't match your own views?
I have been a conservative my whole life, served honorably in the USMC, and I have always voted Republican. I disagree with this folly in Iraq. So now I hate America?

The two of you should form your own 'biggots are us club', with the raghead references, etc. Do you use the 'N' word as well when talking about black people?

Good Lord!

Moonfly201 said:
And maybe some of the America hating liberals would realize why we are taking this war to the middle-east.

The answer is not to pick a fight with every muslim country out there. As a whole, the muslim religion is a peaceful one.

Yes, 9/11 was horrible. Yes, we should not let it happen again, but invading the entire Middle East and turning it into a Super Wal-Mart is not the way to go about it.

As awful as the images on the video are, I just hope it is not propagating any more hatred towards otherwise peaceful muslims (translation-war in Iraq). Just keep in mind that they are also shown images of violence intent to raise their dander against Americans. Lumping all Muslims together as heathens is only going to put us further away from a resolution. I know that's a little touchy-feely, but I just fear that images such as this video will only fuel our hatred of all Muslims and will spell more confrontations with other countries.

And as a "liberal", I love my country. However, I travel overseas frequently, and frankly, I'm downright embarrassed by the attitude of my fellow Americans. Remarks from Timebuilder, such as "saving their butts in WWII" typify this. What an embarrassing arrogant cliche that has become.

whew....sorry, didn't mean to get on my soapbox that much.

anyway, flame away.

jarhead said:
Sadaam was/is an evil person. As it turns out, we are becoming more hated that he was among his own populace. Why do Americans need to die in Iraq, fighting the people we were going to 'liberate'? I get it in Afghanistan, but I can't sign off on this waste of treasure and American lives in Iraq.

Say it with me now....."Saddam Hussein is a terrorist."

Latest resources

Back