• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Am I screwed?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
settle down russian boy scout...so you never drink and drive blah blah blahhhhh. Someone forget to give you a medal?????

Actually, someone forgot to shake a fist at the cause of the other half of the automobile fatalities that occur every year...the ones that weren't alcohol related. What's their excuse? Ahahahahahaha...freaking humans.

"We can't do anything about stupid people...let's go after the drunks instead!"

I was thinking about this thread (and it hurt my brain). But I read something on here about not being able to get in Canada if you have a DUI unless you pay a bunch of money. So this might "screw you" if the airline your interested in gos into Canada. I wish I knew details, but I don't. Maybe someone else can add something about it?

Well I am 100% sure that if you have a convection of any sort, you (the airline you work for) must apply for a wavier to enter Canada. But it's not a big deal. Don't sweet it, just keep driving on and keep working towards where you want to be. Skywest has a note on there app that states just that. Go to thier web site and go through the app, you will find it. But like I said, don't worry about it.

Show up to the interview intoxicated........

Oh and people get "f'ed up" and drive and kill people on purpose. That is why if you kill someone it is vehicular manslaughter, not vehicular homicide. I'm sorry for your friends, truely. But with today's standards in some states on what intoxicated is anyone can get a DUI. Ex: UTAH is .04! One beer for some people! Playing the BAC game is BS, the law should be .00. Zero tolerance. Setting a "limit" just sets people up to think that they are okay to drive. It has become a way for states to make money. If they actually cared wouldn't they have you do something besides give them money?

I agree the law should be .00. But nobody, even myself wants to have to bring a designated driver to dinner for just one or two beers.
We've all gone out intending to have "one or two" and ended up closing the place down. But what happens after that is still a choice. In my case, I'll either take a cab or get picked up. The person who chooses to drive anyway is knowingly putting others at risk.
If you get behind the wheel pissed drunk, it could be argued that yes, in fact, you ARE out to kill someone. You are knowingly putting people in danger, and premeditation could be argued in court.
But in this country it truly is all about the money.

Latest resources

Back