• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Am I screwed?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You'll get hired. Don't lose any sleep over it. If I were a bitting man, you'll have your choice of any where you want to go and be. Just be up front about it and you'll be flying the big iron.

I have a freind at southwest who got one 12 years ago. he's young.

I have heard of people trying to turn an UNSAT into a positive learning experience,

But I do not see how you turn a drinking binge into a learning experience except as to how you relate a cool new hangover remedy.

hey, drink plenty of water and pop a few tylenols before you crash!!

DUI = not screwed

Working in the airline industry = screwed

Not putting down any particular airline...it's just a tough industry.

You SHOULDN'T get hired. Thanks for endangering the lives of others. Driving drunk is farging stupid. The fact that you guys are looking for ways to share a cockpit with this guy is lame. Peace out dude. I hope you don't kill my little sister one day after you leave the bar.

According to "The Russian" people are not allowed to make mistakes in life. There are plenty of pilots out there with DUIs, just ask your local HIMMS coordinator and even a handful with multiple DUIs. If you get a second one (over half of all DUIs are repeat offenders) prepare to go to battle for your medical as the FAA will label you as having a substance abuse problem, even if they are 20 years apart. I am not condoning drinking and driving and never will, but there is a big difference in drinking and flying and drinking and driving.

According to "The Russian" people are not allowed to make mistakes in life. There are plenty of pilots out there with DUIs, just ask your local HIMMS coordinator and even a handful with multiple DUIs. If you get a second one (over half of all DUIs are repeat offenders) prepare to go to battle for your medical as the FAA will label you as having a substance abuse problem, even if they are 20 years apart. I am not condoning drinking and driving and never will, but there is a big difference in drinking and flying and drinking and driving.

Do like I do.....carry a bottle of Vodka in the car....when you get pulled over, step out of the car and when the officer approaches you...open it and start chugging.....it will just be public intoxication because they cant prove you didnt just start drinking.

I didn't say that people aren't allowed to make mistakes. We, as pilots, are not supposed to drink and drive. Please refer to 61.15. It may not be illegal or directly against the regs, but it is frowned upon by the FAA. It is also not in good moral character. I DO NOT drink and drive. I refrain from it to protect myself, others, and my career. And by the way, it is NOT "OK".

Latest resources

Back