• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Am I screwed?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
According to "The Russian" people are not allowed to make mistakes in life. There are plenty of pilots out there with DUIs, just ask your local HIMMS coordinator and even a handful with multiple DUIs. If you get a second one (over half of all DUIs are repeat offenders) prepare to go to battle for your medical as the FAA will label you as having a substance abuse problem, even if they are 20 years apart. I am not condoning drinking and driving and never will, but there is a big difference in drinking and flying and drinking and driving.

A DUI is not a "mistake". One doesn't "accidentally" get f'ed up and drive. I lost two good friends in high school to a drunk driver. They didn't get to decide, the drunk driver did it for them.
BTW it was his first DUI.

Your second DUI should be your last time behind ANY wheel, ever.

I didn't say that people aren't allowed to make mistakes. We, as pilots, are not supposed to drink and drive. Please refer to 61.15. It may not be illegal or directly against the regs, but it is frowned upon by the FAA. It is also not in good moral character. I DO NOT drink and drive. I refrain from it to protect myself, others, and my career. And by the way, it is NOT "OK".

Where in my post did I say it was OK?

A DUI is not a "mistake". One doesn't "accidentally" get f'ed up and drive.

Not according to the ethics and morals of some people who speak on this forum. According to them, if you did not intend for some outcome to occur, it is an "accident".

No one takes that first drink intending to take out a mini-van with a family of six in it on the way home from the bar.

And before you wind up the windmilly arms and froth at the mouth, I have lost friends to drunk driving "accidents" as well.

The truth of the matter is, A DUI ARREST and an ALCOHOL RELATED TRAFFIC COLLISION are two different things.

A DUI is not a "mistake". One doesn't "accidentally" get f'ed up and drive. I lost two good friends in high school to a drunk driver. They didn't get to decide, the drunk driver did it for them.
BTW it was his first DUI.

Your second DUI should be your last time behind ANY wheel, ever.

Oh and people get "f'ed up" and drive and kill people on purpose. That is why if you kill someone it is vehicular manslaughter, not vehicular homicide. I'm sorry for your friends, truely. But with today's standards in some states on what intoxicated is anyone can get a DUI. Ex: UTAH is .04! One beer for some people! Playing the BAC game is BS, the law should be .00. Zero tolerance. Setting a "limit" just sets people up to think that they are okay to drive. It has become a way for states to make money. If they actually cared wouldn't they have you do something besides give them money?

If you think it's that bad- quit, and free up the slot for someone else........hey, are you senior to me by chance??? It isn't a hostage crisis. Go fly somewhere else then get back to me.....

Flightinfo is for bieeetching..if you don't like...please step away from the computer.

It has become a way for states to make money. If they actually cared wouldn't they have you do something besides give them money?
Actually, the state makes taxes off of you driving to and from the bar...the state makes taxes off of you taking that drink...the state makes money off of DUI revenues.

Did the state or municipality charge a fee when the building permit for the tavern was filed? What did the municipality say when they realized the building permit showed a parking lot for automobiles in the building plans? And they gave out a liquor license later? Ha...the state needs to get sued.

This really got my attention since I'm based in UT!

It is wrong however... A little internet research shows the UT BAC limit is .08 like everywhere else.

Those nastly little things called facts...hahhahahahaha.

Latest resources

Back