Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LegacyDriver

Moving Target
Well first of all some full disclosure.........

I just got the word that my department is slashing itself in half. Considering I was next to the bottom on the totem pole I had no chance of making it and I knew it.

Still.....................

I'm burned.

I was really hurt last week. Long story short my ex-wife beat the living hell out of me in front of my kids... My gf decided to dump me because she thought being linked with me would make her look bad (GO FIGURE, RIGHT GUYS? HAHAHAHAH! *ahem*) even after spending the night with me the night before she bus threw me (or just pretended not to like me any more--that was kinda' weird)... And my department announced a move from the city I love more than any other to one that I could not possibly care less about. My ex also said good luck seeing your kids if you move, "Because I'm staying here."

Well, that's tough for a dad I gotta' tell ya'.

So I was pretty upset. A lot of it has to do with the fact that I saw the department being mismanaged from my perspective. It may have been nothing more than gut instinct, but I just knew we were waaaaaaaaaaaaay too big and wouldn't sustain that for long.

Well, lo and behold, KABOOM. The chop chop chop and 23 guys on the street (two girls also) most of whom I am EXTREMELY fond of (and the rest upon whom I do not wish this fate).

So...............

Here I am with a job offer in hand and the chance to continue my career.... Yet I find myself saying, "WHY DO I CARE ANY MORE???"

I don't know about the rest of you............. But this is furlough #3 for me (only one of the three I survived) and I'm flat out sick of it. If you can't work for one of the largest companies in the world without some hope of career employment then is such a thing even a reality? Am I going to be continually looking for a new job every so many years until I die of a stroke at 52?

I can't speak for my friends as they haven't given me the nod... But I know they agree with me. I'm sick of this. SICK.

But what else can I do?

Pilots whine that we are underpaid... But where else would I make this salary at an entry level???

Maybe we should create a giant franchise of Subway Restaurants contributed to by pilots as some sort of permanent income fund.

I'm at a loss.

Am I wimp because I'm sick of this?

I guess if I quit that contributes to decreasing the supply of labor in the industry which in theory should at least increase wages, no?

AYE.

Last edited:
my ex-wife beat the living hell out of me in front of my kids...

Your first mistake was not calling the cops and getting her busted for assault. Who cares about how it looks. You know you cant Knock HTFO, so why not give her a little bit of misery?

Sorry about your situation. You do know you're not alone in this. Believe it or not there are still some good jobs out there, but of course your children will always come first. I just hope you find something that will provide you the chance to continue with your visitation.

The other chick??? They come and go buddy. Now grab your buds, hit the bar, have a couple shots and make a fool of yourself in front of the fattest, ugliest chick in the place. Now that the mojo's working,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4yRcFgpnpw

raise (or lower) your standards and have some fun.

Peace,
Rook

Thanks, Rook.

The cops came. She actually called them herself. Wow what a nut.

I decided not to have her arrested because the less money she makes the better chance she has of taking all of mine when she whines to a judge that she can't get a job... Stupid I know.

She's vindictive and spiteful enough to do it, though. I was about to go for full custody of the kids before the hammer came down on the job. ARGH. Was gonna' make a good case to the judge that I was off more than she is. Come to think of it, I soon will be!!!!!!!!!!!

The girlfriend still hurts though. BAD. I never could figure out why it was so hard for her to say, "Yes, I'm friends with LD. He's a good guy and I like him very much." DONE.

They got nowhere to go when you say that.

Oh well. She's a "recovered" cocaine addict (I don't think they ever recover--I think that stuff makes them permanently bipolar). Man do I know how to pick 'em. OYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well...

Thanks man.

Hey brother,

For what it's worth, I am really sorry for what you are going through. I can't imagine what you must feel like. To think on the positive side of things, this may be God's way of bringing about some much needed change in your life. I am not saying that change will be fun or painless. In fact it will probably hurt alot. But it sounds like some change may be needed (not judging...just going by your story). Your task now will be figuring out what to do from here. Salaries, careers, gf, ex-wife, and kids aside....where do I go from here? I can't tell you what to do. But I can tell you what I would do. I would get on my knees before God and pray that He would lead and guide me thru this. Here are a couple of verses if you are so inclined. I hope they will be an encouragement to you. Psalm 46:1, Deuteronomy 31:6, Psalm 86:6-7. I don't know if you're a believer or not, but if you are, God has promised that all things will work together for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28). He has NEVER closed a door in my life that I have'nt looked back on (years later) with joy. I do not reccomend going to the bar and wasting away your miseries. You know as well as I do, you will wake up tommorow feeling the same way again. Be strong, courageous, and face your troubles head on. All the while knowing that you have people like me praying for you. I hope this is an encouragement to you. If you have any questions or just want to chat, simply shoot me an IM.

God Bless!!!

Gear_guy

Last edited:
Hey brother,

For what it's worth, I am really sorry for what you are going through. I can't imagine what you must feel like. To think on the positive side of things, this may be God's way of bringing about some much needed change in your life. I am not saying that change will be fun or painless. In fact it will probably hurt alot. But it sounds like some change may be needed (not judging...just going by your story). Your task now will be figuring out what to do from here. Salaries, careers, gf, ex-wife, and kids aside....where do I go from here? I can't tell you what to do. But I can tell you what I would do. I would get on my knees before God and pray that He would lead and guide me thru this. Here are a couple of verses if you are so inclined. I hope they will be an encouragement to you. Psalm 46:1, Deuteronomy 31:6, Psalm 86:6-7. I don't know if you're a believer or not, but if you are, God has promised that all things will work together for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28). He has NEVER closed a door in my life that I have'nt looked back on (years later) with joy. I do not reccomend going to the bar and wasting away your miseries. You know as well as I do, you will wake up tommorow feeling the same way again. Be strong, courageous, and face your troubles head on. All the while knowing that you have people like me praying for you. I hope this is an encouragement to you. If you have any questions or just want to chat, simply shoot me an IM.

God Bless!!!

Gear_guy

Wow, what an incredible post!!!

Cheers and blessings to all- Rum

PS- Also out the door with LD. Oh well, on to the next great chapter in life!

L/D I do not mean any disrespect ... but WTF do you post this stuff on public internet boards!

Good luck to you, seriously.

Thanks GearGuy. I am a Christian and I have lately found myself asking God to just take me where He wants. I take solace in knowing the sparrow worries not when he will eat, too. I think I'm finally learning what the Book means when it says to turn your life completely over to God's Will.

I'm gonna dig out those verses u suggested right now. I thank you for your prayers. Pray for my friends also...they're on the street now also.

L/D I do not mean any disrespect ... but WTF do you post this stuff on public internet boards!

It is cathartic.

Besides, everyone thinks I'm a nut. At least now they know why. I've had a lot of penguins on the iceberg for a looooong time now and have handled it the best anyone could reasonably expect...

Besides, this board is like family. Roseanne dysfunctional though it may be.

:)

I take solace in knowing the sparrow worries not when he will eat, too. I think I'm finally learning what the Book means when it says to turn your life completely over to God's Will.:)

Sounds like you're on the right track already. You worry about submitting to Him, and let Him worry about providing for you.

Hey G100driver,

One day you may be down on your luck too. And when you are, I will be there to encourage you too. Regardless of this comment. You see, I realize that this life is short, and there is more to life than flying. It just happens to be the common denominator that brings us to this board.

God Bless!

Crying out for help is a healthy step in the right direction to deal with this situation. I think he made the right choice. Many others who have had multiple tragic events would have chosen another route.Hang in there LD you are on my prayer list.

LD is using good CRM here. He has multiple Red lights on and he is using every tool available to keep his bird shinny side up.

Latest resources

Back