ALPA loses at Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PBR-

Since no SKYW pilot has the courage or ability to answer this...maybe you can....

Another attack on a fine pilot group..... Keep up the attacks..... that will get a lot of YES voters...

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Why can Jerry have a labor contract for his employment but not for the pilots?

Jerry isn't represented by a union, but he has a legally binding contract.... Jerry also has more leverage than pilots because it is more difficult to replace him...... That is the single biggest difference..

If you want to affect change in that arena, then we need to address why we are so easy to replace.... It doesn't have anything to do with ALPA's code of ethics....

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Also, after the SKYW pilots get thier quick upgrade then what? Goals obtained are not motivators!!

The motivation is to become a "real" airline pilot..... You know the ones that fly "real" airplanes..... You really are out of touch with reality Rez..... these kids are motivated by becoming real major pilots...... That is their motivation..... This is the curse of the "master/apprentace" system we have created for ourselves...

Another attack on a fine pilot group..... Keep up the attacks..... that will get a lot of YES voters...

Sorry Joe... I just have asked the question multiple times to the confident ALPA naysayers and no one replies... tI thought the ignoring was rude..

Jerry isn't represented by a union, but he has a legally binding contract.... Jerry also has more leverage than pilots because it is more difficult to replace him...... That is the single biggest difference..

that is management kool aid Joe... we live in America... CEO's are a dime a dozen... he has a contract to pay him out when he fails...

If you want to affect change in that arena, then we need to address why we are so easy to replace.... It doesn't have anything to do with ALPA's code of ethics....

Not talking about ethics here Joey... that is the other thread... put down the juice...

The motivation is to become a "real" airline pilot..... You know the ones that fly "real" airplanes..... You really are out of touch with reality Rez..... these kids are motivated by becoming real major pilots...... That is their motivation..... This is the curse of the "master/apprentace" system we have created for ourselves...

Sounds like more me me me to me... maybe if they don't get what they want they can sue ALPA...

Hey Joey... why not be a lawsuit consultant for pissed off ALPA pilots... you can give them the roadmap to sue.. for a me me me fee of course...

that is management kool aid Joe... we live in America... CEO's are a dime a dozen... he has a contract to pay him out when he fails...

OK, so CEO's are a "dime a dozen", and they don't have a union..... Yet they negotiate great contracts that pay large sums of money.....

Meanwhile....

Most airline pilots are members of ALPA and continue to take paycuts.......

Then you wonder why the Skywest pilots passed on ALPA's "services"....

You are beginning to answer your own question.....

It's all about leverage in negotiations..... not about ALPA..... Are you interested in getting the leverage back, or are you content to threaten and attack Skywest pilots because they don't see value in ALPA.....

For those that voted "Yes", I'm sorry. Hopefully you will get lucky and leave Skywest to greener pastures. A friend of mine just had a medical emergency and with ALPAs help, they have chartered a private jet to fly him almost half way around the world to get him to a good hospital of his choosing. I don't think SAPA would do that, do you?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Greener pastures....you gotta be kidding me!!?? who do you fly for? i can't imagine it being better than skywest! skywest is even better now that we don't have to worry about that ALPA horse*%*%.....yeah maybe we'll become better like ASA...or comair...or freedom...hahaha what a joke man

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Greener pastures....you gotta be kidding me!!?? who do you fly for? i can't imagine it being better than skywest! skywest is even better now that we don't have to worry about that ALPA horse*%*%.....

Wow. Can I present you with this statement in about 20 years?

Wow. Can I present you with this statement in about 20 years?

For 35 years and countless ALPA drives, we've been hearing about how Uncle Jerry is going to f&#k us over and still Skywest has always either been near or at the top with pay and work rules.

I won't even give it 20 years, how about 1 or 2 when they are bitching because JA shoves it up their butts because he can do whatever he wants to now.
Wait, I read another thread just the other day about skywest bitching about something. Hmm that didn't last long.
Go ahead and praise SAPA. They are a joke, lying in bed with JA and giving that a$$ what he wants.
Skywest fires 2 a month on average, why, because they can. Do you think Alpa would let that happen? I am thinking.. no friggen way.

For 35 years and countless ALPA drives, we've been hearing about how Uncle Jerry is going to f&#k us over and still Skywest has always either been near or at the top with pay and work rules.

He has been... you just don't think he is.... do you have an Economic and Financial Analysis department to review your pay and work rules to provide critical review? ALPA does.. and it is the same dept that the APA, SWAPA, IPA and NPA uses...

OK, so CEO's are a "dime a dozen", and they don't have a union..... Yet they negotiate great contracts that pay large sums of money.....

Its nioce to see you learning Joe....

Meanwhile....

Most airline pilots are members of ALPA and continue to take paycuts.......

Continue? Who is still taking pay cuts Joe? And so are the SKYW pilots.. with inflation... and 70 seats for 50...

Then you wonder why the Skywest pilots passed on ALPA's "services"....

SKYW pilots passed on ALPA for the same reason why most ALPA pilots don't like ALPA... they view the organization in terms of what is in it for them...

You are beginning to answer your own question.....

It's all about leverage in negotiations.....

If that is ture then how to the SKYW pilots negotiate?

not about ALPA..... Are you interested in getting the leverage back,

See.. all you are talkinag about is leverage for YOU. I am talking about effectiveness on the national and internional scene...

or are you content to threaten and attack Skywest pilots because they don't see value in ALPA.....

Nice try Joe... I haven't threatened any Skywest pilot. My opinons might have been strong... but there are no threats...

I won't even give it 20 years, how about 1 or 2 when they are bitching because JA shoves it up their butts because he can do whatever he wants to now.
Wait, I read another thread just the other day about skywest bitching about something. Hmm that didn't last long.
Go ahead and praise SAPA. They are a joke, lying in bed with JA and giving that a$$ what he wants.
Skywest fires 2 a month on average, why, because they can. Do you think Alpa would let that happen? I am thinking.. no friggen way.

Ok, so 24 pilots in the past year, right? Name one quarter of them. PM me if you like. Name 6 pilots that have been fired in the past 12 months without cause. You can’t because IT JUST DIDN’T HAPPEN!!!

I voted "yes" for a number of reasons that I pointed out in another post. It included wrongful termination, yes. But that has been a very rare event here. I am so sick and tired of all of the claims made by SOME ALPA supporters. You guys are selling it like snake oil.

I voted "yes" for ALPA on its merits, but there are pros AND cons. It took a lot of effort to get past the spin and get to the real issues to do a genuine analysis to make a decision. I fear it was fear mongering and overblown anecdotal accounts like yours that turned most of the 65% off to ALPA.

Those of you who were rational and discussed pros and cons, thank you so much for your efforts. We certainly owe you a debt of gratitude.

The rest of you loud-mouthed SOB's, thanks for convincing the 65%. You might want to try a different tactic next time.

Fly Safe.

-JP

PS For the record, the company lackeys did their share of BS Spin too.

Latest resources

Back