• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA loses at Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You all talk about how useless SAPA is but they have managed to keep our pay very competitive and the work rules at the very top. If ALPA is so great then why is the pay and work rules at most regionals subpar to Skywest? ALPA is the very organization that negotiated these contracts.

SAPA is useless.

Sorry Rick but I gotta agree here.

Mod Edit: Capt Megadeath... Watch the creative spelling and the vulgar comments. I don't feel like giving anyone a vacation today. It'as alot of effort to do stuff like that. You know that was beyond the limits of what is allowed here, you are no newbie.
:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is... no one will admit they are in the 66%Klub....

Why in god's name should they? And why would you ever ask them? A secret ballot is a fundamental concept of a democratic society.

There are a fair amount of hard working pro-ALPA guys who just worked hard and feel like they just got punched in the gut. Why would anyone want to rub their face in it? Hardly good CRM to be picking a fight.

There is a fair amount of trepidation from a lot of anti-ALPA guys who don't want to deal with "lists" or "scab" calls either . . . why would anyone subject themselves to that from the 1% of the hard-core ALPA guys who are certifiable?

You all talk about how useless SAPA is but they have managed to keep our pay very competitive and the work rules at the very top. If ALPA is so great then why is the pay and work rules at most regionals subpar to Skywest? ALPA is the very organization that negotiated these contracts.

Competitive pay, yeah - How about the 70/90 pay? That is competitive?! Remember all the broken promises? How about that 18 month TA to get the 70s on property - and then the pay increase? Did that happen? How about COLA? How about that 1% raise that we just got in 07' for 4 YEARS? Wait, I seem to remember a pay proposal in Oct. 05' for 1.2%. It is only .2% - BUT WTF? Going Backwards?!

Inflation = 3%: 1 doesn't equal 3.

How about QOL issues?

Do really think BH, JA, and CC are going to wake up tomorrow and say..."You know what, I think we need to give our pilots a liveable pay increase, one that will actually make a difference in their daily lives. They have been doing an outstanding job, making us money."

Let's just stick our heads in the sand, thats a great plan. Status Quo. Don't Rock the Boat.

I've got it "good", so screw everyone else. Right?

JA, BH, and CC are Jedi knights and are going to live for 900 years and nothing is going to EVER change here at Skywest.

United, Delta, and Midwest airlines execs had a blood oath with "the boys" in SGU and our agreements with them will last FOREVER.

But wait, maybe its not all about the pay and QOL issues.

Maybe its about how to better things at Skywest.

Or how they DON'T get better.

The next time YOU hear YOURSELF complaining about....

Your second 3 hour sit in ORD in two days, or
how bad the 36 hour layover you have in Peoria sucks, or
the six legs you have flown for 3 hours of pay with 14 hours of duty on your last day of a four day, or
how most of the trips suck, or
no good pairings anymore, or
no commutable lines, or
"they" have taken the "good" overnights away, or
"we" swapped hotels and this one sucks - why can't we change back to the old one, or
something that crew support did to you or wouldn't do for you, or
PBS screwed you and you had company forced trips, or
Sked+ issues, or
you didn't get that vacation approved, or
day off that you wanted, or
that pay issue that you are trying to get resolved was denied,

GO TALK TO YOUR SAPA REP.

I am sure that they won't be able to help you.

I don't want to hear about it.

Last edited:
Yes SkyWest participates in ASAP

It's not a real ASAP program. With no union protection, the company isn't required by any legally binding agreement to adhere to normal ASAP protocols. In other words, if they want to discipline someone because of data gathered via ASAP, then there's no one to stop them. All Skywest has is ASAP-lite.

Sorry a$$hole, nice try, daddy committed suicide when I was seven....he didn't get me anything so don't you feel good about yourself now?

But ya, I got my job at UPS with 300 TT cuz I'm a chick....na na na na na.....

AugerPtrl, owned by the pregnant chick. Megadeth, will you marry me?

You flip off the industry and vote no union, because you want to steal jobs from union pilots by being awarded flying solely because you're non union. That makes you a SCAB. You're taking food from the mouths of union pilots families, without shame.

Why did you come to skywest? STOP YOUR *******

Mod Edit: Creative spelling is not allowed. Just type it out and let the censors get it. You still make you point just fine that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there first needs to be a strike in order to have someone cross a picket line. Those who cross the line are scabs. Skywest isn't taking the jobs away from union pilots. Scabs are. Stop flapping your gums.

ALPA failed to pursuade the majority of Skywest pilots. Skywest is competitive, that's why they're earning flying.

It's not a real ASAP program. With no union protection, the company isn't required by any legally binding agreement to adhere to normal ASAP protocols. In other words, if they want to discipline someone because of data gathered via ASAP, then there's no one to stop them. All Skywest has is ASAP-lite.

Kinda like KAZA-lite cause we don't have to deal with all the b$ll******************** spyware, (union), oh and all the freaking pop ups (pilots standing in the terminal spreading the good word) aye! All of you complain about no unitity, I believe 65% speaks for itself. No can the b#tching stop, nah thats just too much to ask for.

Latest resources

Back