• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA loses at Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
are basically saying you would rather have management make your choices for you. crooks?

No, they make their choices. They own and operate the business and YOU work for them. A simple fact that most of you forget.

Thanks for typing slower, this me me me me me attitude is making me dizzy. My point was that ALPA did nothing to improve the quality of life at Air Willy. Things are getting worse at Air Willy. What is ALPA doing to fix things?

How many people will quit SkyWest after the vote? Not many because SkyWest is a lot better then Air Willy, Pinnacle or Mesa.

See I wrote this without any personal attacks. Non union people can do that, can you?

Thanks for typing slower, this me me me me me attitude is making me dizzy. My point was that ALPA did nothing to improve the quality of life at Air Willy. Things are getting worse at Air Willy. What is ALPA doing to fix things?

Can some one update me on the "refund' check the Air Willy guys were getting?

The previous Air Willy contracts were could enough for Jerry to consider when he came up with your pay rate...

Why is Jerry having a labor contract with the BOD but you don't have one with him.... NO SKYW PILOT HAS YET TO ANSWER THIS!!!!!

I don't know if you are insinuating that I have a me me me attitude, but just in case you are....

I don't, or have I ever worked for and ALPA carrier so why should I care anyway? Why? Because I give a crap about the lives of others...I know, it's a crazy concept but when someone (usually management) screws my fellow pilots, whether it's at Mesa, World, etc., it bothers me and makes me mad. You see it's called the concept of sticking together, something management has mastered, but for some reason, pilots have not.

You ask what is ALPA doing to fix things? What is management doing to fix things?

I don't know if you are insinuating that I have a me me me attitude, but just in case you are....

I don't, or have I ever worked for and ALPA carrier so why should I care anyway? Why? Because I give a crap about the lives of others...I know, it's a crazy concept but when someone (usually management) screws my fellow pilots, whether it's at Mesa, World, etc., it bothers me and makes me mad. You see it's called the concept of sticking together, something management has mastered, but for some reason, pilots have not.

You ask what is ALPA doing to fix things? What is management doing to fix things?

What a concept, imagine if more were to understand...

Food for thought: All of you out there that are ALPA/Union haters that work for a non-union airline, or wish to work for a non-union airline. I hope you are happy and I sure hope that nothing happens in this industry to have you change employers.

US ALPA
Alaska, Aloha, AWA/USAir, ASTAR Air Cargo, ATA, Atlas Air Cargo, Continental, Delta ,Evergreen, FedEx, Gemini Air Cargo, Hawaiian, Kitty Hawk Cargo, Midwest Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Polar Air Cargo, Spirit, Sun Country, United

US - other Unions
American, AirTran, Frontier, Southwest, USA3000, ABX Air Cargo, UPS, Kalitta Air Cargo, World Air Cargo, NetJets, Flight Options

International Countries – Check out www.ifalpa.org
Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Caribbean, Chile, Columbia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, LeeWard Islands, Luxemborg, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Trinidad & Tobago, Turkey, U.K., and Yugoslavia.

This list is not an exhaustive list…..

Hmmm….Not too many choices at THIS career level to work without some sort of union represenation.

Could it be that JA, BH, and CC have figured out some magic potion or formula in SGU that thousands if not millions of pilots now and in the past have not?

Interesting that worldwide, crossing all language and cultural differences commercial pilots choose time and time again to have union represenation.

If it was so bad to have a union represent us, if this career did not need it, if pilots of all experience levels, backgrounds, nationalities, religious, and cultural differences decided that it wasn’t right - then why do we find this list?

Are you going to let the "bad" experience of your first foray into this industry determine which company you work for? Are you never going to date even though you had a messy divorce? What a stupid question. Wait.........Hmmm......

Are you going to stick to those laurels and never work for a union represented airline/company? If so, that list is small my friends. Will I pass you in an airport terminal someday wearing the dreaded uniform of those on this list?

Why do pilots worldwide, choose to have union represenation?

Thank God its over. But all the whinny a@# APLA supporters will never shut up but we can hope most of them leave SOON

I guess they want jobs at an ALPA carrier right??

No better than Gojet guys !!!

are you as dumb as you sound??? Do you even know the basis behind the creation of GoJet's?

The previous Air Willy contracts were could enough for Jerry to consider when he came up with your pay rate...

Why is Jerry having a labor contract with the BOD but you don't have one with him.... NO SKYW PILOT HAS YET TO ANSWER THIS!!!!!
Rez,
I am a SKYW pilot, AirWis contracts(as well as every other top tier regional) were the template that our working agreement was created, the remains of our current agreement should tell you how good we HAD it. All the turdz that came from other ALPA carriers were jumping only for the quick upgrade, hence the looking out themselves behavior. They think if they parrot JA, BH and the rest of the management puppeteers, their quick upgrade will be there, and when they get it, they think their plan worked, it did, but it created a narrow mindset unable to think beyond their zipper. You see lots of selfish, me first, generation stupid, idiots came together in the perfect storm that is todays SKYW, chock full of the exact types you don't want anywhere your seniority list. Really think about it, even after all the things the company has taken from us, how good did we have it before they took these things away? Jerry has a contract because he is saavy, intelligent, smart, and everything the pilots(in majority) that he employs don't enjoy. Stop trying to change their minds, keep them out of your crew seats. Don't worry about me after 10 years, I am getting out of this industry, too many morons for my liking.
PBR

Last edited:
PBR-

Since no SKYW pilot has the courage or ability to answer this...maybe you can....

Why can Jerry have a labor contract for his employment but not for the pilots?

Also, after the SKYW pilots get thier quick upgrade then what? Goals obtained are not motivators!!

Latest resources

Back