Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tailhookah

Just be the ball, Danny..
Yes, you heard it here first. I think that the effectiveness of ALPA is done. All the hard work, sacrifices and DUES have all been flushed down the toilet. The whole idea behind a large nationwide union representing a large portion of airline pilots was nothing other than the ability to organize a solidarity movement to effectively combat against inept and broken management. I'm sorry to report that this has not happend, or will happen. If ALPA was such a solvent organization then all of the alpa mec's would've backed each other up..... but since alpa got in too deep by representing everyone it was a situation that was inescapable. You can't represent one mec that has scope protection from another mec getting larger... it was done and now we all can see that aside from individual greivences protecting single pilots here and there the whole organization has failed all of us. When things started going sour then all of the mec's should have backed each other up and collectively statged walkouts etc. That's how organizing is supposed to work. It didn't happen and from what I can see will never happen. There's too much us vs. them mentalitly in the SAME organization. If I was a paying alpa member (and not furloughed) I would stand up and cancel my membership... what good has it done for you lately?

ps- Duane Woerth has not taken a single paycut yet.... is this the leadership you want representing you?

Last edited:
"IF YOU WERE A ALPA PAYING MEMBER", yeah, enough said. IF YOU WERE A MEMBER!

Why the heck do you care? It's not your fight - you don't even want to be a part of the team. Just imagine how screwed the industry would be if everyone followed your advice.

Take your military retirement and spend it at the PX ............ well, you earned it.

Last edited:
" If I was a paying alpa member (and not furloughed) I would stand up and cancel my membership... what good has it done for you lately?"

Thats the real beauty of ALPA- you can cancel your membership, but you still have to pay dues!!!!

sandman2122 said:
"IF YOU WERE A ALPA PAYING MEMBER", yeah, enough said. IF YOU WERE A MEMBER!

Why the heck do you care? You're not part of the team. It's not your fight so why do you care?

Take your military retirement and spend it at the PX ............

Adios

P.S. I would rather have Worth representing me then some quitter like yourself.

Settle down before you have a stroke.:) Three edits in less than a few minutes. As tony says "if the truth hurts, it should". Tailhookah said he was furloughed, so I guess that he will not get a chance to quit.

castle bravo said:
" If I was a paying alpa member (and not furloughed) I would stand up and cancel my membership... what good has it done for you lately?"

Thats the real beauty of ALPA- you can cancel your membership, but you still have to pay dues!!!!

Unless you work where there is no Agency Shop.

Quitting ALPA means giving up your voice and your vote. People who really want change are more effective from within.

Foxhunter, are you a non-member?

Tailhook,

What does it matter? You said if you were a "paying member" you would quit......nice.

now when's that spellchecker getting added?

Last edited:
sandman2122 said:
Fohunter, are you a non-member?
Yes, he is a freeloader. . . . just put him on your "Ignore(ant)" list. . .

tailhookah said:
When things started going sour then all of the mec's should have backed each other up and collectively statged walkouts etc. That's how organizing is supposed to work.
I'm sorry that you were furloughed. I'm sure that has soured your disposition considerably, but I can understand.

Perhaps you could spend your new found free time studying the Railway Labor Act. What you'll find is that the actions you've proposed are illegal. Were ALPA to undertake such an endeavor, we'd be the target of numerous lawsuits and litigation and we'd certainly fail under a mountain of debt.

But if you think of something that WOULD be legal under the RLA, please let us know. We all need to work together here.

castle bravo said:
Perhaps that's the way your MEC operates, but that's not the case with all ALPA MECs. If you don't like it, you're free to present a resolution at your LEC meeting and send it to the MEC for a vote.

sandman2122 said:
Foxhunter, are you a non-member?
He's not just a NON-member, not just an uninformed or misinformed newbie that can be taught. He's an EX-member who didn't like the way things were going so he picked up his marbles and ran home. Now he's like a little kid yelling at people in the street from his second-story bedroom window and crying when things don't go his way.

He QUIT - - he has NO VOICE.

And that's the nice version.

Latest resources

Back