Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alpa Executive Council Says No To AAA's Request To Vacate Arbitration Award.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I personally disagree with their decision, but it was theirs to make. Time to put this to rest now and for the two pilot groups to work together towards a contract.

I wish it was going to be that easy. Somehow I don't think it going to go like that...

I personally disagree with their decision, but it was theirs to make. Time to put this to rest now and for the two pilot groups to work together towards a contract.

Just how would you have handled it?? The arbitrator took into account all issues and protections!! The east was and continues to be greedy and wanted everything.

WD.

Just how would you have handled it?? The arbitrator took into account all issues and protections!! The east was and continues to be greedy and wanted everything.

WD.

Whiskey, we've been over this a thousand times. I agree with the East that the arbitrator did not follow ALPA merger policy because (in my opinion) the West received a windfall at the expense of the East. You disagree, so there's no use in us arguing this for 5 pages again. The EC has issued their decision. That should be the end of it. Unfortunately, I'm sure it's going to go on much longer in the courts, and that only hurts all parties involved.

Nope. Just a former ALPA rep that's pissed off at how the Association is being torn apart by this crap.

The Association is a Ponzi scheme whose time has come and gone.

A union that can't define seniority, but rather indulges itself the luxury of pawning it off on an arbitrator, doesn't serve any purpose but its own. Nor can it.

Just out of curiousity, do you disagree with the EC's decision or Nicolau's?

I agree, that it is long past due that this issue be put to rest, however I fully expect the East MEC to continue its efforts to try and gain some leverage, via any means possible, to force the West back to the table, but like I've said before that train has left the station.

This issue, I'm afraid, will be put to rest once the East comes to the realization that further desperate attempts to reopen negotiations is more harmful then accepting the arbitration decision they agreed to abide by, given by the arbitrator they agreed to have render that decision in the first place

Nope. Just a former ALPA rep that's pissed off at how the Association is being torn apart by this crap.

PCL, keep it in perspective, the Association is not being torn apart by this decision, the Association has weathered far worse storms than this. Yes there are 4,500 or so upset East pilots, but that was not the doing of the Association. JMHO, but the East MEC bungled this integration horribly, not the Association.

Just out of curiousity, do you disagree with the EC's decision or Nicolau's?

Both, actually. I believe that Nicolau didn't adhere to ALPA merger policy and handed the West a major windfall by not including sufficient fences in the award. I also believe that the EC should have recognized this and determined that the award was invalid due to the arbitrator not adhering to the required provisions of the policy. Of course, this is all a matter of opinion and interpretation, so I can understand the EC coming to a different conclusion. It's certainly not an easy situation.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back