Alpa Endorses Kerry?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AFELLOWAVIATOR

OK. I would like to see how many ALPA members on this board agree. If you belong to ALPA, please reply "KERRY" or "BUSH" to show who you would prefer ALPA endorse.

Kerry

The man wouldn't be my first choice but given the alternative.......

I am utterly perplexed as to how any member of any organized labor group in this country could support a president and his administration who are so obviously anti-labor. Why don't you just run around with scissors or go swimming after a big steak dinner while you're at it.

Bush... because I'm a moderate conservative and not a bleeding heart liberal. ALPA seems to forget sometimes that our world includes more than my airline pilot flying job and that my vote for president isn't solely based on my career. I'm not going to vote for anyone who doesn't meet my moral, political and personal beliefs. And I'm certainly not going to vote for someone just because ALPA says I ought to. ALPA is only supporting Kerry by default, because he's liberal. He's the democrat who is going to take the nomination and it most likely has nothing to do with his qualifications or stands on things. Just like they're not supporting Bush because he's a republican and a supposid "labor hater." Whatever.

They ought to change their slogan "Airline Pilots support Kerry" to "Some, but not all airline pilots support Kerry" or "ALPA supports Kerry"

FO

flap operator said:
Bush... because I'm a moderate conservative and not a bleeding heart liberal. ALPA seems to forget sometimes that our world includes more than my airline pilot flying job and that my vote for president isn't solely based on my career. I'm not going to vote for anyone who doesn't meet my moral, political and personal beliefs. And I'm certainly not going to vote for someone just because ALPA says I ought to. ALPA is only supporting Kerry by default, because he's liberal. He's the democrat who is going to take the nomination and it most likely has nothing to do with his qualifications or stands on things. Just like they're not supporting Bush because he's a republican and a supposid "labor hater." Whatever.

They ought to change their slogan "Airline Pilots support Kerry" to "Some, but not all airline pilots support Kerry" or "ALPA supports Kerry" FO

This thinking is the major flaw in politics and politicians love it. As individuals we have got to get off political branding and black and white allegiences. It is not about falling off of snowboards and Segways! It is always about the ISSUE!

Sooner or later a politician, who you don't support, is going to support an issue that is important to you. Here it comes fellas...

Support the politician that supports your issues!!

Your loyalties lie with yourself not a politician. That means, as you go thru life, you switch politicians as you support YOUR issues! Most of america is moderate...in the middle. Don't get sucked into the left or right.

Many times when an up and coming politician enters the system, they debate which party to align themselves. While a polician may grow up republican, he may join the Dems to be more effective in his neck of the woods!!

If ALPA didn't support Kerry then whom? and Why? (BTW Kerry is a pilot, Comm SEL, SES and glider)Kerry's ratings

Some say "We'll I don't want my taxes to go up....why should I vote for Kerry?
Well do you think The Bush Admin is going to support your negotiating committee and ultimately your right to strike? Meaning (read in Soup Nazi voice) no pay raise for you! (my opinion which is debatable)

Some say, National Security is too important.
The war on terrorism is global and can't be ignored. With the Republicans now controlling the White House, Senate and House, a little balance will do exactly that...balance. (my opinion which is debatable)

Finally, airline pilots are hourly workers and we pay our house note through the labor system. The Bush admin is politically aligned with and gets its money from corporate america. With all due respect to aircraft cleaners, the Bush Admin will be happy to ratchet down the piloting profession to be grouped in with cleaners. They (Corp America) want you to work as a pilot for five years then quit so they can bring in new hires at first year pay. Keep labor cost down. ALPA endorsing Bush is like Corporate America supporting Kerry.

Therefore, if you are not for championing the pilot profession, making it better, gettting the respect, pride, work rules and pay up were it belongs, then you are against it. The only thing more important than your ability to provide for your family and be fairly compensated maybe national security. If you think voting in Kerry will compromise National Security, then please expalin why in intelligent detail and not generalized comments. (lets discuss it)

Everything about the pilot profession is done through politics. FFDO, work rules, wages, off line jumpseat, security, duty times, it is all done on Cap Hill. If you are an airline pilot and you don't know about airline issues in WashDC and making choices then you aren't doing your part.

Bottom line is this... Politics, like life, is so very grey. It is not black and white. When guys jump up and down like monkeys in a cage just before feeding time, because ALPA endorsed Kerry, it makes one wonder how many are just sheep in thier own flock. I'm not saying that you should personally accept ALPAs endorsement, but as logical professionals you should at least understand why. (and do your blood pressure a favor) ALPA is only concerned about the ISSUE of promoting the airline profession! ALPA doesn't care about welfare reform, gay marriage or anything else! ALPA only cares about its issue!

Finally, if you are an ALPA pilot, go to the website and educate yourself as to why APLA endorsed Kerry. If you are an airline pilot and have made an objective analysis of this grey matter and still can't bring yourself to vote for Kerry (at the least you should understand why you should.....but this doesn't mean you should) then you should find other ways to promote our profession.

It's all about education. Don't rely on message board, crewroom and cockpit banter. Vote your conscience because you're the only one you have to answer too...

Bush

Im sorry but anyone who gets a botox injection to stop him from frowning, throws his/someone elses medals away, votes for the troops then votes against them and all in all comes across as a complete a$$ does not deserve to be president. On the flip side Bush is not the sharpest razor in the packet but he sticks to his guns, kicks a little a$$ when its needed and was a way better person to have in the White House during this troubled time than Al "like my beard"? Gore.
Hey, I dont get to vote yet but its just my nickel!
Mung.

Between the two choices you give, Bush. I disagree with numerous Bush policies, but
still find more agreement than I find with Kerry. With that said, vote Libertarian.

enigma

Latest resources

Back