Alpa Endorses Kerry?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Kerry.

Lousy candidate, resembles that mask from Scary Movie, no charisma, but he doesn't scare the poop out of me like Bush.

Kerry

And for anyone expressing shock and dismay that ALPA would endorse Kerry, give me a break, this is was as predictable as a landing following a takeoff.

Bush. Because Kerry is a communist sheep.

Bush:

Those of us who are for Bush don't need to explain why.

The facts speak for themselves, When you choose to look at the facts and not what the biased media has put in front of everyone.

To repeal the current tax cuts would set back the market more than Kerry's advisors think. It's like a drop in the ocean that starts out small, but becomes very big......but unfortunately, the current economic boom will last for a couple of years, so of course the next president is going to get credit, whether or not he was the creator of it.....and to tax the top 2% more still ends up screwing the middle class........why can't these people figure it out........and the economy is booming, manufacturing is up, employment is up, etc etc etc....why would you want to change it......

Obi-Wan said:
ALPA is a political machine. This has paid off many times in the past, ie JFK, and Truman(?). Even the many Republican guys working at the union know this. Some of us argue that certain conservative values are more important than our jobs. I tend to disagree since I believe if you cant put food on the table and feed your family the rest is not as important.
ALPA was born a political machine. Politics make or break the piloting profession. JFK and Truman...yeah sure but lets go further back into history. Behncke (ALPA's founder) played politics with FDR and F. LaGuardia, Congressman & later mayor of NYC, (yes that's who the airport is named after...) and it payed off handsomely. ALPA backed FDR and benefited with air mail contracts and LaGuardia helped out with the Century Strike and the pilot image/reputation.... Also, the Air Tansport Association [ATA] (managements political voice in DC) was formed in part to combat ALPA's political effectiveness in WashDC.

Agreed on your last sentence. Who cares about abortion if you can't feed your family. Not only do we want to feed our families and pay our mortgage, we want to prosper. Support the politician who supports your very livelihood. My cause, my issue? The pilot profession! which feeds, shelters and clothes my family. What is really more important??

For example, say I couldn't bring myself to vote for Kerry because of abortion, but my families welfare really matters too. What do I do? I could vote for Kerry and when he tries to jam a Pro Choice bill into congress, then I'll contact my elected officials and tell them how to vote. Or send money to Pro-Life PACs and other organizations that support my issue. I'm playing an active roll in shaping the country's policy. I know, I know, I am actually advocating activism, but isn't it better than watching that mindless funk on VH1 (the 100 Hottest Hotties for example) while eating Doritos out of a cool container?

Why is it that liberals, preaching all their tolerance are
tolerant of everything except someone with backbone
enough to do the right thing. PETA, NOW, ACLU...they
are even more intolerant of conservatives than they
accuse the political right of being toward them.

The same group of people that coined the phrase "Military
Intelegence is an oxymoron." are the ones insisting on
"Politically Correct". Talk about a frigging oxymoron!

I'm not a ALPA person, but I read the instructions and didn't
post a preferance...

Latest resources

Back