• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
climbhappy said:
1) leave no child behind
REALITY - STILL 45 MILLION UNINSURED

Well, Paul O'Neil wrote a book and said he was an idiot
Bob Woodward wrote a book and said he was an idiot
Richard Clarke, who worked for 5 or 6 presidents quit and wrote a book and said he was an idiot.
According to the book of Deuteronomy, let the truth be established by two or three witnesses.

Joe Wilson, former Irag ambassador, had his wife's secret identity revealed by White house staffers at Bush's request.

He also has now written a book and said Bush is an idiot.

So far the best Sean Hannity can come up with is:

a) he owns an SUV

b) here he is standing beside Daniel ortega days before a critical senate vote on funding for the contas.

c) voted against weapons programs that cheney also was against and most or all of these programs never went to a vote and made it out of committee.

What really amazes me is that somehow he thinks he can get crazy arabs to stop killing each other and reverse what it has taken TEN THOUSAND YEARS to develop.

No child left behind was about education, not insurance

Just because some guys write books, doesn't mean they are right - everyone has a bias

What about 9/11? It is amazing to me that people so easily forget what happened to this country. Bush said three years ago that this would be a long. protracted war unlike any other. So, he was right - the amnesia of people astounds me. So we are taking the fight to them - what would you rather have?

Last edited:
in 10 yrs of flying 2 pilot airplanes i dont think i have flown with more than 5 Liberals. i just think it is funny reading ALPA's voteing guide and thinking how few pilots will actually use it at the poles! I bet 9 out of 10 on this forum are republican. we are an easy group stereotype!

have a great day......

Bush and unions

The presidents record with regard to unions is abismal. Does anyone remember a time before 9/11. You guys remember his liberal usage of the PEB. He screwed those guys at comair. An ALPA carrier (unlike those @ oh say Airtran). With that kind of history why would ALPA endorse this man. As a matter of fact why would any ALPA member?

I think Bush supporter are so rabid in their support of him that they don't really care what his policies actually are. They think he's a great guy! I could care less if he is great honorable guy. I don't want to have him over for dinner.

I don't like John Kerry, but at this point its gonna be ABB (Anybody But Bush)!!!

Re: Bush and unions

bman said:
I could care less if he is great honorable guy.

I don't like John Kerry, but at this point its gonna be ABB (Anybody But Bush)!!!

Well now, THERE'S a well thought-out and reasoned argument! Good news, Hitler's been re-born and has Stalin as his running mate against Bush! Still thinking ABB? At least back up your vitriol with an intelligent argument FOR the opponent. Typical left-wing half-baked rubbish...:rolleyes:

learherkjay said:
Bush said three years ago that this would be a long. protracted war unlike any other. So, he was right -

Talk about self-fulfilling prophecy. Perpetuating war with unrealistic goals isn't what most people had in mind. With Saddam out of power is America truly safer? Well, possibly maybe could be, we don't really know.

When Iraq conquered Kuwait there a clear casus belli, cause for war. We all know it was really about oil but at least we knew what the benefit to the U.S. was. With Iraq the justification turned out to be mistaken. Now Iraq is a quagmire because the Islamic extremists who Saddam successfully kept at bay are now taking over. We can leave Iraq now or leave later and the only difference will be the number of U.S. soldiers that die there. Dubya made a collosal blunder by thinking he could make us safer by invading Iraq. When he was elected I feared he would be as bad a president as his father but it turns out he's far, far worse. Maybe the Republicans will get smart and nominate somebody more sensible in August.

learherkjay:

he also mentioned no uninsured children many times. The media is just as biased right as it is left these days. no shortage with scarborough, hannity, o reily

tim russert, chris matthews are the only gifted interviewers on TV

What about 9/11? sure go after al Qaida. Bush showed good leadership. But he screwed up big time on irag. the wrong motive. clean up daddy's mess.

lied or ( listened to his stupid subordinates re: nigerian uranium.
did the carrier landing, the biggest screw up: oil from iraq would pay for the country's rebuilding. Now, another 55 billion proposed for fiscal 05.

obviously, now we must finish what we started. hopefully with the fewest soldiers lost

with the economy growing, i don't know if kerry can beat bush frankly, and his staffers are quite worried that his numbers havn't risen amid bushes dropoff. i don't know if he's electable

TWA Dude said:
Now Iraq is a quagmire because the Islamic extremists who Saddam successfully kept at bay are now taking over. We can leave Iraq now or leave later and the only difference will be the number of U.S. soldiers that die there. Dubya made a collosal blunder by thinking he could make us safer by invading Iraq.

The war has been going on for 13 years. We have been over there with Southern Watch and Northern Watch for 13 years, while Sadam was flipping Sams at coalition Aircraft. how long were we going to do that. Forever?

If you think that the Middle East isn't ready for democracy, you may be right. But we tried the other way of hoping they'd bring themselves out of the 12th century and that didn't work. So now 9/11 has forced us to use a new tack. Thank God Bush has the balls to continue with it no matter how much handwringing the pantywaists defeatists do. I wish he would confront Saudi Arabia more about theie role in 9/11, but at least the War in iraq got us out of that place by eliminating the no fly zones and thus the need for PSAB.

By the way more people will die this memorial day weekend on our nations highways than have died from combat in Iraq. Not to diminsh any one of thier deaths, but to give it a little perspective.

"It is the governments duty to take care of its own people."

Really. Outside of providing a national defense for the country, would you like to support that statement with a a quote from the Constitution? Furthermore, since the "government" is "we the people", if you are a citizen of the USA, it's YOUR duty to take care of your "own people".

TWA Dude said:
We can leave Iraq now or leave later and the only difference will be the number of U.S. soldiers that die there.

I find it amazing (and disgusting) how all of a sudden so many people (liberals) are so concerned about "soldiers" lives, when for the past 20 years they couldn't give a sh!t how many died in khobar towers, Riyahd, Mog, on the Cole, etc....

Latest resources

Back