Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

767-300ER

Pilots union endorses Kerry

Washington, DC, May. 25 (UPI) -- The Airline Pilots Association Tuesday gave Democratic candidate John Kerry its endorsement for president calling him the right choice for U.S. pilots.

The Massachusetts Democrat was the unanimous choice of ALPA's Executive Board, which met in Washington.

"The evidence is clear that President Bush's record adds up to an unending string of actions that have hurt pilots, other working Americans, and the unions that represent them. It is time for change," said ALPA President Duane Woerth.

Kerry, the presumptive Democratic nominee, had written the union representing 64,000 commercial pilots at 42 airlines in the United States and Canada, asking for their backing.

Kerry supported loan guarantees to U.S. airlines after the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks sharply reduced the number of passengers flying and backed "whistleblower" protections for airline employees.

ALPA endorses Kerry

May 26, 2004--The Executive Board of the Air Line Pilots Association, International (ALPA) voted yesterday to endorse the presumptive Democratic nominee, John Kerry, for president.

This comes after Senator Kerry had written a letter asking the Association for its endorsement. In the letter, Kerry pointed to his efforts in supporting issues important to airline pilots.

In the Executive Board resolution for the endorsement, ALPA noted that Kerry "has steadfastly supported the labor movement, including ALPA, throughout his 20 years in the United States Senate."

ALPA’s Executive Board is made up of the top local union leaders (Master Executive Council chairmen) from each of ALPA’s 42 pilot groups.

Plus Kerry doesn't count Frank Lorenzo as a long time friend and campaign contributor. Rolling Stone had an excellent article about some of the Bush campaign financial backers a few months back. Lorenzo didn't give enough to make it into that article but you'd be amazed at some of the folks that did.

Of course Kerry will change his mind about this endorsement tomorrow.

ALPA endorses Kerry ??

Why stop at Kerry ? Why not add on Hillary Clinton, Al Gore , and Jane Fonda. Maybe they could even attach mini ALPA pins to the Jane Fonda urinal stickers to help get out the message.

Dave Benjamin writes:

Plus Kerry doesn't count Frank Lorenzo as a long time friend and campaign contributor. Rolling Stone had an excellent article about some of the Bush campaign financial backers a few months back. Lorenzo didn't give enough to make it into that article but you'd be amazed at some of the folks that did.

Beech1900 kid writes:

Nice one-sided argument. I am sure Kerry has only stellar people supporting him. Give me a break. The money game works on both sides. I am sure Kerry has many worthless people giving money to him. Did rolling stone have an article concerning Kerry's campaign contributors? I would have to guess the answer is no.

On another note, as an Alpa member I would have to say now that only my MEC speaks for me and not ALPA national. It pisses me off that my dues will probably be used in some form to help elect John Kerry. I guess this is just another reason for me to question giving any money to ALPA PAC. I hardly believe if John Kerry is elected president that my job is all of a sudden more secure. It's all a bunch of crap. Good airline management (I know, an oxymoron), hard working employees, and a sound business plan are what will make my future brighter---Not some left wing ,indecisive, Ted Kennedy loving, northeastern tax and spend bureaucrat. Whomever becomes president, our dues should be used to work our interests with that adminstration. What does it say to Bush if he is re-elected and ALPA goes asking for something down the road. Not saying he would, but why should he help out a group of people whose union so balantly slapped him in the face. ALPA national needs to work with whomever is in office regardless of party. Endorsing a guy who is not even president yet seems a little risky and stupid in my view. But who am I but some dumb airline pilot who cannot spell or write a complete sentence.

ALPA should not have endorsed anyone and just stayed out of this whole presidential election. There's too much going on today for them to make such a blanket endorsement of Kerry on behalf of its members.

ALPA endorsing Kerry?........

Well just slap me silly and paint me speechless.......who'd-uh figured?

Just wait till the health reports come out on all the horrible health affects perpetrated on the world by "Big Ketchup"...then we'll see who's laughing.

Before embarking on becoming a real life pilot I was a firefighter(IAFF local 561). For 6 years my union asked me to vote the union line, I never did so why start now?:p

Jobear

Beech1900 kid writes:

Nice one-sided argument. I am sure Kerry has only stellar people supporting him. Give me a break. The money game works on both sides. I am sure Kerry has many worthless people giving money to him. Did rolling stone have an article concerning Kerry's campaign contributors? I would have to guess the answer is no.

On another note, as an Alpa member I would have to say now that only my MEC speaks for me and not ALPA national. It pisses me off that my dues will probably be used in some form to help elect John Kerry. I guess this is just another reason for me to question giving any money to ALPA PAC. I hardly believe if John Kerry is elected president that my job is all of a sudden more secure. It's all a bunch of crap. Good airline management (I know, an oxymoron), hard working employees, and a sound business plan are what will make my future brighter---Not some left wing ,indecisive, Ted Kennedy loving, northeastern tax and spend bureaucrat. Whomever becomes president, our dues should be used to work our interests with that adminstration. What does it say to Bush if he is re-elected and ALPA goes asking for something down the road. Not saying he would, but why should he help out a group of people whose union so balantly slapped him in the face. ALPA national needs to work with whomever is in office regardless of party. Endorsing a guy who is not even president yet seems a little risky and stupid in my view. But who am I but some dumb airline pilot who cannot spell or write a complete sentence.

ALPA should not have endorsed anyone and just stayed out of this whole presidential election. There's too much going on today for them to make such a blanket endorsement of Kerry on behalf of its members. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, what he said. Amen my brother. Bravo!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back