• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALOHA airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AlohaFlyer - you're idea is great unless you're the new hire at your former carrier who gets furloughed when you come back....

Lingle "concerned?"

Please.

She is part of the reason for this happening, I seem to remember she, and her "team," were quite fond of GO when they were getting approval to fly here.
Seemed like they were bending over backwards(ok, maybe forewards too?) to help them.
She and JO have any connections???

Guys... ..national policy for when we have to change careers. We should have a furlough protection policy that allows us to return to our previous ALPA carrier at our previous seniority

It's an interesting idea. Kind of like gap insurance.

I'd support some kind of national seniority list with limitations though.The airlines would have to agree to it and I can guarantee you they would tell you to jump in the ocean if you proposed it as would the senior pilots at the 'good' airlines.

The pilots I know that left for AQ knew the risks and decided it was better than what they had.

Is it fair? No. I'm more concerned about the pilots that have retirement money at risk. They can't start that over. Anyone know if the retirement plans are safe? I believe they switched the new guys to a DC plan.

I'd support some kind of national seniority list

I think its time to work on a national seniority list system... of course there would be limitations that make it fair... but we really need to look into this as a profession so that we can restore some level of protections from the deregulated mess of an industry that we all love to work for.

the only reason lingle and the rest of the politicians are "interested" is because its the way the political wind is blowing.... dont expect them to give more of a sh!t than for the easy political mileage. just like when go! was starting...

they are still just politicians... nothing more...

the only reason lingle and the rest of the politicians are "interested" is because its the way the political wind is blowing.... dont expect them to give more of a sh!t than for the easy political mileage. just like when go! was starting...

they are still just politicians... nothing more...

How's the motherland? :D

I think its time to work on a national seniority list system...
Never gonna happen. If you think the Delta/NWA merger is a difficult sell to the respective pilot groups, just wait until you unveil a national seniority system. May as well just hope ALPA can get us a "Crew Pass" to get through TSA.

Latest resources

Back