• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALOHA airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys blaming Lingle for the demise of Aloha make me laugh! When is someone going to blame it on Bush/Cheney?

There is nothing "illegal" about Go! selling their $39 seats, sorry!

I feel for the employees of Aloha. They have no one to blame except their dumbazz management and the spike in fuel prices on them JT8D powered relics they fly..

Hawaiian isn't going TU's after their bankruptcy are they? How come? Maybe cause they did something different after they filed....

This could be a good thing for Hawaiian and Island Air as I don't think (and have heard from an employee friend of mine) that Go! is gone before the year is out.

Where was the weepingt and knashing of teeth when you guys drove Discover and Mahalo out of the market???

Can't have it both ways guys.

You guys blaming Lingle for the demise of Aloha make me laugh! When is someone going to blame it on Bush/Cheney?

I feel for the employees of Aloha. They have no one to blame except their dumbazz management and the spike in fuel prices on them JT8D powered relics they fly..

Hawaiian isn't going TU's after their bankruptcy are they? How come? Maybe cause they did something different after they filed....

This could be a good thing for Hawaiian and Island Air as I don't think (and have heard from an employee friend of mine) that Go! is gone before the year is out.

Where was the weepingt and knashing of teeth when you guys drove Discover and Mahalo out of the market???

Educate yourself idiot!

you either said this out of ignorance or you intentionally over simplified it in order to look right on a point in which you are so wrong.

as for the rest of the post, i dont have enough bandwidth to explain to you why your conclusions and comparisons are so off base.

my best advice to you is to do some homework, sorry.

Put a sock in it.

As much as I hate to admit it, he has a point. The Dash-8, especially the Q400 is much better suited to interisland service than the 737-200.

In an era of $110 bbl oil, you ain't makin' money flying a JT-8D engine around.

Yes both ways makes everyone happy. The hawaii leg. was ready to loan HA millions of dollars in their 1992 BK to keep them in buss. Why not discover and mahalo? HA is so smart to dump old A/C for new ones that they are doing it again. I think I will figure out 4% sales tax on a Airbus. Aloha has waited to long to dump their old 737's and now grind time. GO! is only about 5% of mesa. GO! will only leave when Mesa does. HA and AQ did not sell tickets for a $1.
Mesa’s CEO Jonathan Ornstein has said that they are willing to lose $20 to 25 million a year indefinitely in Hawaii. Aside from the fact that this makes no business sense at all, and belies an ulterior motive, it is also just plane illegal competition to dump a product below cost with the intention of putting a competitor out of business. The Sherman and Clayton antritrust acts are designed to prevent this. Mesa has some very clever antitrust attorneys on the payroll so that they can skirt the law oh-so-carefully.

From H.E.R.O.

Without an official investigation we cannot ‘officially’ say that go! Airlines and Mesa Airlines are engaged in predatory pricing. Even though to all but the most casual observer, it is obvious that they are, we still rely upon our regulators to ensure that free enterprise in the U.S. exists within the rules set forth by Congress and other legislative and regulatory bodies.
I for one would have put away my keyboard if somebody from the U.S. D.O.T. or the U.S.D.O.J., or the F.A.A., or ANYBODY official, had come forward and said “WE HAVE INVESTIGATED GO! AIRLINES AND WE CONCLUDE ________.” In spite of the continued outcries of many, there was no investigation. The REAL question that (1) the taxpayers who pay to have our markets regulated, (2) the 3,500 employees of Aloha Airlines and their families, and (3) the travelers of Hawaii — who are about to see inter-island ticket prices skyrocket when go! enters the next phase of their plan — should be asking is: Why was there no investigation?
Hawaii Governor Linda Lingle may be leaving a legacy of economic ruin, unemployment, and regulatory violation (Hawaii super ferry scandal. Both Maui and Kauai people are not happy.) when she could have been a beacon of justice and vision for the state of Hawaii. Thanks for FINALLY expressing your ‘concern‘, Linda. Auwe.

Latest resources

Back