• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALOHA airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
F4S are you coming back here already? Interviews are on again this month! No need for more MD-80 PIC! Get back to where you belong.:beer: Cheers and beers man. Hope all is well.

Right back atcha man!

Maybe for a surf, but unless I win the HAL lotto...

Sliding on snow it is. Maybe I should have tried at AQ....
such is life.
Still having fun.
And keeping wet in the 3/2. Small barrels yesterday.
Congrats to you by the way!

I called the AQ CPO today... I was sad to hear that Leilani has left the company... too bad... she was really a cool chick.

No FD, Not interviewing at AQ. Probably a good idea but ? It amazes me things just keep chugging along there like it always has. But with the losses due to Go! there as well now. But a class here and there is great. Not speeding up the seniority list but not going backwards either. That is good for the long term I would think, and maybe I should look into trying. Still a dreamer. I do like to keep up to date on the news and rumors of big announcements though. Thinking of what could have been.
Are many Capts there going to be flying past 60? Two upgrades is good news, when was the last time someone switched seats?

Yes CA already, and yes that was fast. I thought it would be longer myself, but nope. Lots of movement, both in growth and people moving on.

Actually, classes have been picking up. I think they ran 3 classes so far this year, and they're running another class in April or late March either 8 or 10. I know they'll be interviewing, so if you're interested, I'd get your stuff in ASAP.

Upgrades have been moving too. We've really blown our wad on retirements before the rule changed. As it stood at the date of change, we only had like 5 retirements in the next 3 years with Age 60... so with respect to retirement, there won't be much movement although some of these guys might medical out... who knows.

I agree, things have been the same here for quite a while because of Mesa flying 50-seat RJ's here charging $19 fares... I'm pretty sure they'll be on their way out fairly soon either because of a deal, or because of our lawsuit that'll most likely bankrupt them.

I agree, we can't stay like this - something has to change. But things are good. Our Leap Forward agreement is absolutely phenomenal. If our management could only seal the deal to offset our interisland market by expanding ETOPS, we REALLY couldn't grumble about anything.

maybe I should look into trying
Just remember that you'd be years junior to almost everyone you taught how to land! :nuts:

There's got to be a big announcement around the corner for everyone in HI. At least that's what the rumors have been for at least a year. :rolleyes:

RJP, you should contribute $5 to the Big Announcement Pool. Who knows... you might hit it big and get the whole thing. ;)

Hiring in this industry is always a good sign. But hiring without knowing what the company plans are could also be a gamble for those making the jump to Aloha. Who knows who the company has been talking to? ATA?Hawaiian?Mesa(hope not)? Burkle has an airline that he can use to fly anywhere in the world. With the right contacts, I'm sure he's got them, and deep pockets we could be flying bigger airplanes who knows where! With fuel price soaring higher, who knows what could happen? Consolidation, contract renegotiation, getting more fuel efficient birds (boy these -200s definitely need to go).

Latest resources

Back