• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALOHA airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RJP, you should contribute $5 to the Big Announcement Pool. Who knows... you might hit it big and get the whole thing. ;)
So, how much have you collected so far? Can I pick a date in, oh, 2011 or so?

The way things worked down the ramp, the CEO would actually say "You can expect a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT in June" and nothing would ever happen except some head-scratching later. "Weren't we supposed to have a big announcement?" :confused: Smoke and mirrors to throw you off the trail of what's really going on.

But, I'm in if I can figure out how to throw $5 your way. You putting a box in the red brick building? :D

I guess this is the "big announcement". It sucks. How about some positive news for once in Hawaii. It's been way too long.

Yup, I think this qualifies as THE announcement.

I thought it was supposed to be good news? Maybe it is good news hidden in there somewhere, hopefully!

ALPA Furlough Protection

Guys... I think it is time that we as professional airline pilots work with ALPA to create a national policy for when we have to change careers. We should have a furlough protection policy that allows us to return to our previous ALPA carrier at our previous seniority level if we are furloughed shortly after taking a new job with another ALPA carrier, minus accrued seniority from the time separated.

It is just too risky to change jobs these days and I am afraid that so many good people are getting the raw end of the deal just because management keeps on hiring right up to the day that they declare bankruptcy and start the furloughs... is it just me that sees this? Management takes no risk, they put it completely on our shoulders.

It frustrates me to no end to watch my pilot brethren walk away from a Captain slot at a regional to further their career just to have Aloha declare bankruptcy while they are in training... now many of those guys can't go back to their old jobs as Captains... they have to start as new hire FO's. And management had a pretty good idea only two weeks ago that things were bleak.. It's insulting to the profession.

I am so grateful that I passed on the March 3rd class and still have my jet CA job... I feel terrible for the guys that got left behind in all of this.

Before you all go and say that they knew the risks.... what other professional line of work would you have to start your career over completely if your company went under... its insulting to all of us as pilots that AQ kept hiring into the bankruptcy...

Island Air had something like that when I was there, though it was Aloha-specific since Island Air was owned by AQ back then.

Basically, you'd get an LOA until you were finished with training and on the line. If you washed out for some reason, or if something like this happened, you'd have your captain gig back at Island Air at your old seniority.

ALPA furlough protection? 10% off of Air Inc seminar...

ALPA Furlough Protection

Its up to us... email your ALPA rep and ask for this furlough protection at the ALPA national level...

We need to bring come level of career protection into this profession.

Before you all go and say that they knew the risks.... what other professional line of work would you have to start your career over completely if your company went under... its insulting to all of us as pilots that AQ kept hiring into the bankruptcy...
Not to say that I don't agree with you, but EVERYONE knows the risks. It's a ridiculous position that we're all put in. If you want to try to further your career, you have no option but to risk exactly what is happening at Aloha....for the second time in 3 years. This is not the first time they've done this at AQ with a brand new class in GS. You know it, and so does everyone that went there since they came out of Ch.11. It's a risk that I'll assume, those who went, thought was worth taking.

You have the same option when you move on. Give up your seniority if you want to go somewhere else. There is probably not another "professional" career that forces you to the bottom when you go to another company. However, we all know this when we start and can only hope that our timing will be lucky when we move on.

It's complete bull******************** that we can't all go to another carrier at our same level, but it just won't work. You can't change the rules in the middle of the game.

Best of luck to everyone at AQ!

Yea FD, that was only back in the day. That nice LOA deal went out the dooe the day WP was sold and everyone since then took the risk of "starting over" should they be furloughed, or not make it through training.
At least it isn't a week before Christmas this time. Not that there is ever a good time to go through somethig like that.
They are pushing their luck pulling this crap again though.

Latest resources

Back