• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aloha Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Noticed that there was no link on the Aloha employment page to apply. Where do you go to put the app in? Maybe I am just blind?

You need someone internally to walk in your resume. If you're selected for an interview, they'll mail you an application to fill out that you bring along with the documents they're requesting to the interview.

For those of you that have been FO's at aloha between 2-3 years, do you mind me asking what you guys bring home a month after taxes, and your w-2 for the end of the year. What kind of retirement benefits do you expect to get there when you retire? I have looked at your payscale but i dont know the details of your work rules. I know i'm asking for a lot but just trying to evaluate working there with the high cost of living.

Thanks

I believe the scales on airlinepilotcentral are accurate. Add 5% to those scales on January 01/07. Add 5% January 08, and 4% in January 09.

B Plan numbers I believe are being worked out now.

A new TA has just been sighned with a new option for overtime pay as well.

Last edited:
Fellows... the airlinepilotpay.com does not include our base pay which varies by how long you've been with the company. Also, it doesn't include ER override for the -700 crews either.

The actual B-plan is still 7% based on book (pre-concessions) rates, and that's not changing. The numbers being worked are for the other DC plan, something like super B plan which is completely separate from our "regular" B-plan. The idea behind the numbers game is to minimize the effects of losing our A-plan for everyone. We'll see how it turns out...

As for potential mainland bases... that remains wishful thinking IMO. Supposedly, they are or were looking at SNA base... maybe it'll happen when we get more planes.

As for more airplanes... keep hearing rumors of -800's, but who knows... Mesa showing up and giving away interisland travel for $29 per segment really threw the wrench into expansion plans. Now, it costs more to catch a cab from HNL airport to Waikiki than it does to fly to Maui.

Personally, I think we're gonna have another attempt at a merger, or Yucaipa going to buy out someone. My guess is Hawaiian. I just don't see any other reason why someone of Gordon Bethune's caliber and reputation would be associated with Aloha, especially as a chairman of the Board if there weren't some big plans in the making. Of course everything is very hush-hush, and we're entering the holiday season which usually means the hammer is about to fall somewhere...

Last edited:
Frieght dog,

I believe it mentions that, (base pay is not included).
Anyway thanks for the imput.

As for where this company is going, I have no clue. There is a lot of wishful thinking around here, lot's of rumors. I think it would be a good idea to step back and look at our situation as it is now. We both know it is not that pretty.
How long can we continue on this track? How much will it cost our new investors to expand us? Are they willing? Where do we expand to? It seems they may have a plan but it always changes into something else to counter another competitor. We come up with another plan, then something else happens and our plans are dashed. We are always one step behind our competitors.

Your thoughts-

Last edited:
There's plenty of places to expand using our existing markets... we don't fly any ETOPS flights out of LIH. Why the hell not? We flew OAK-LIH a few years ago, and it was packed! We could do OAK/SNA redeyes. Apparently slots in SNA aren't an issue.

Right there, you're looking at adding at least 4-5 airplanes without even opening any other new destinations.

Frieght Dog,

We did LIH, we did SNA red eyes, this is exactly my point. Why are we not doing them now? Look at how quickly ATA got ramped up out here. They are adding 21 weekly flights to the islands next year, you can bet they are going to LIH. Heck they are going to ITO from OAK. Once again we are a day late and a dollar short. Heck, their investors are the same exact one's that were going to invest in us. You want to compete with these guys you are gonna have to do a lot more than add a couple flights (that we have already done, and stopped for some reason).

We need MAJOR change.

Just healthy debate.
We are on the same team.

Remember when we went into bankruptcy, ETOPS was losing money, but interisland was making money. I think Banmiller sold Yucaipa on interisland with ETOPS feeding it. Now that Mesa is here, it's one of those "oh f*ck! now what?"

Now, ETOPS is making money, interisland is flat on its ass thanks to Mesa, and we're not expanding ETOPS.

That's why I think a merger/buyout is in the works.

Latest resources

Back