Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Et Flys or People Swim.

As a former employee of Aloha -- I can say that they have got to expand their
ETOPS flights. It is absolutely ridiculous not to offer direct flights from OAK to LIH
and OAK to ITO or SAN to LIH/ SAN to OGG. The Bay Area has enough Hawaiians to feed these routes and so does San Diego. People want the direct service on Aloha. I think they should go into Portland, OR too. Screw Hawaiian.

ok I'll bite. You say screw Hawaiian? There is plenty of room for AQ to expand. It's not going to hurt Hawaiian. When USAir started all their flights out of PHX and LAS it didn't hurt our load factors. NWA flying out of PDX sure didn't hurt us and our flights are just as full out of SAN now as when were the only carrier flying between SAN and Hawaii.
From what I can see more competition brings more passengers, it hasn't been much of a problem, although it does hurt the yields a little. That said, Hawaiian had a fairly healthy operating profit 3rd qtr so even go's deal wasn't that bad for us.

Right you are. I work for Hawaiian, but wish nothing but the best for AQ. They are two great Hawaii airlines and have a long history of serving the state of Hawaii. We are not a threat to them and they are not a threat to us.
As far as the merger speculation goes, I guess anything is posssible but I don't see it. Sure Yucaipa could make an offer, but the amount of money it would cost for them to buy Hawaiian could easily be used to puchase a new fleet of aircraft and not have to deal with the hassles that would result from trying to merge the two. Personally, I wonder if Betheune was brought in to add credibility to AQ so they can go public and raise money for a fleet puchase. Maybe after AQ gets their day in court with Go they'll have plenty of money!

Hey DanRoman,

I'll be seeing you in March. Drove by your house about a week ago. Kind of late in the season, but the waves have been pretty good huh? Take care. Oh, yeah, SCREW HAWAIIAN!!!!!

Hey I just heard Aloha lost 10mil in the 3rd quarter. What's going on? 3rd quarter is the most profitable for airlines.

The short of it is... Aloha's focus is in the wrong market (interisland), and Mesa came here with $29 interisland fares with purpose of putting us under. Combine the two factors and voila!

Latest resources

Back