• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aloha Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would there be? These guys got their bid packets and they're flying their line. It'd be childish and immature to give these guys any hard time over their previous employer for as long as they haven't crossed any picket lines or participated in alter-ego stuff like the original Freedom Airlines.

Because people get emotional about things, and sometimes act in ways they may not be proud of later. It has got to be awkward for them when any anti Go! statements are made around them.

Give it up for the Local Guy!!

Press Release
Aloha Airlines is America's No. 1 On-Time Carrier
Wednesday January 3, 1:35 pm ET
HONOLULU, Jan. 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Reclaiming a past honor, Aloha Airlines is again the nation's No. 1 airline for on-time performance. Rounding out a Triple Crown sweep of No. 1 airline rankings, Aloha also finished first in the nation for fewest complaints and fewest misplaced bags.
With 93.2 percent of all Aloha flights arriving on time in November 2006,
Aloha took top honors among 20 major U.S. air carriers that provide data to the U.S. Department of Transportation. Aloha topped the list for fewest complaints with zero complaints and had the fewest misplaced baggage reports for the reporting period.
"The credit for this recognition as the nation's best airline goes to the 3,500 men and women of Aloha Airlines for staying focused and coming out on top for on-time arrival, baggage delivery and overall customer satisfaction," said David A. Banmiller, Aloha's president and chief executive officer.
The DOT's latest monthly Air Travel Consumer Report, issued this week, covers the month of November 2006. The 10 largest airlines in the country are required to file monthly reports with the federal government while Aloha and other airlines report their performance statistics on a voluntary basis.
In the year 2000, Honolulu-based Aloha was frequently No. 1 for on-time performance. Aloha stopped reporting in 2001 and resumed the practice with its report for the month of April 2006. Prior to this report, Aloha had been No. 2, a shade behind Hawaiian Airlines, which has laid claim to the top spot for three years.
"This is a sweet victory for Aloha because Hawaiian Airlines set such a high bar and kept it high for so long," said Aloha's Banmiller. "We had to work extremely hard to become America's best on-time airline in the month of November."

Freight Dog,

Such good on time performance, such bad financial performance. What a joke.

The company was very broken, it is taking a lot of $$$$ to fix it. A lot of internal things are happening for the better. Give AQ time, its pretty impressive to be running #1 when other carriers, Local and nationwide have tighter operations. AQ is improving, give them time, all the other hurt airlines doing better didn't turn it around overnight. :beer:

Congrats from a Hawaiian Pilot. You'd have no problem beating us the last couple of months. December will be bad for us also. Looks like we finally got the second of the 4 767's we're adding on line so things are starting to normalize. High Speed you are exactly right about it takes time. Hawaiian was in a huge hole 10 years ago, it takes time, but it will happen.

Congrats from a Hawaiian Pilot. You'd have no problem beating us the last couple of months. December will be bad for us also. Looks like we finally got the second of the 4 767's we're adding on line so things are starting to normalize. High Speed you are exactly right about it takes time. Hawaiian was in a huge hole 10 years ago, it takes time, but it will happen.

I hear ya
The last 4 years has seen my hair get grayer and my pocketbook much more empty..Considering we aren't out of the woods yet I'm not going to hold my breath. I do want to thank you for the positive words. It's nice to see after the original busted merger caused such dissension. Mahalo Roman

Latest resources

Back