• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmm..How about I have 20 days off a month make more then a 3 yr Capt does in my first year..I fly the most advance planes..I am fed everytime I touch a plane..I use Limos to get to and from work..I expense everything I do. I do know QOL and back last fall the report from your OWN people painted a horrible picture.

Bailey,

As you can see by the number of posts I've made (1), I'm not inclined to comment on this board and have been content to remain a passive observer. Your post changed that...

Any casual observer might deduce you know little about Allegiant or what QOL actually stands for.

(pssst...it stands for Quality of Life).

Compare Allegiant to almost ANY other airline job:

1. Living out of a bag, 4 days a week?....Nope
2. Away from your family?.....uh nope
3. In another face-less hotel?...uh, home in my own bed
4. Flying back-side of the clock...as of Nov, all day trips!
5. Eating airport/hotel food? ...lunch pale...momma's cooking.
6. Waiting for crew vans? How 'bout employee parking instead...

What QOL issues are you talking about????

We start at home and end at home...same day. Generally 2 legs, 1 out, 1 back. Pretty tough huh? Hours are generally in the mid 80s range with either a 3-on/4-off, or 4-on/3-off schedule...ouch!

And for your enlightenment, the only pilots that 'get the crap flown out of them' are the ones who want the extra flying and pick it up in open time...entirely discretionary and self-induced. They do this because the money leaves much to be desired. If you wanted to take issue w/ Allegiant, THAT would have been a valid arguement. That being said, we're in negotiation w/ mgt for a payraise and we're happy to say things are looking up...

By the way, most people I know couldn't care less about the size of the plane...QOL is everything, that's why we're here. If you don't like it, fine, work elsewhere...just make sure you know what you're talking about. If, as you say, QOL is everything to you, it appears you've walked away from a pretty good gig.

A little advise: stick to what you know and remain clear of conjecture or what your little 'friends' say. Broadcasting your 'expertise' is counterproductive to the intent and purpose of this otherwise useful website.

Get the facts and then comment, otherwise you risk looking like an ignorant fool.

"Better to remain silent and be considered a fool than opening your mouth and confirming it".

WHO REALLY GIVES A SH1T WHO'S JOB IS BETTER!!! PILOTS ARE THE BIGGEST BUNCH OF KIDS!!!!

Hmm..How about I have 20 days off a month make more then a 3 yr Capt does in my first year..I fly the most advance planes..I am fed everytime I touch a plane..I use Limos to get to and from work..I expense everything I do. I do know QOL and back last fall the report from your OWN people painted a horrible picture.

You're job sounds wonderful dude...

Why would you send a resume to Allegiant if you have this great job? Our CP doesn't cold call looking for pilots, so you obviously sent us a resume or two?

Time to put the boots on fellas... The BS is starting to pile up high!!

You're job sounds wonderful dude...

Why would you send a resume to Allegiant if you have this great job? Our CP doesn't cold call looking for pilots, so you obviously sent us a resume or two?

Time to put the boots on fellas... The BS is starting to pile up high!!

Back in the fall the place I was at was failing and I needed to get out. I flooded the market with resumes trying to get a feel for who was hiring.

Yesterday's quote:

How about during October and November of last year I recieved 6 calls from your C.P. for an interview. I never went to the interview because of the reports coming in from my friends. I now have a better life then ever being home 14-16 days a month and being paid very well.

Today's quote:

Hmm..How about I have 20 days off a month make more then a 3 yr Capt does in my first year

Wow...that was quick. One minute you're at 14-16 days off/month, suddenly it's 20...

This is too easy...

Yesterday's quote:

Today's quote:

Hmm..How about I have 20 days off a month make more then a 3 yr Capt does in my first year

Wow...that was quick. One minute you're at 14-16 days off/month, suddenly it's 20...

This is too easy...

:laugh:

Latest resources

Back